Mailbox traffic shows 0

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Tekati, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Tekati

Tekati ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

How does that sub system work and what do I need to look for to make that start updating?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Mailbox traffic statistics are only available in courier setups. If you use dovecot, then no mail traffic stats are available as dovecot is not able to write a traffic log.

3. Tekati

Tekati ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Wow bummer!

That is enough to use courier right there. Any idea how hard it would be to convert to courier at this point? Am I better off building a new mail server and migrating mail over or would this be a fairly easy thing to do?

4. moglia

moglia New Member

Search alternatives.

I have the same problem.
    I will try search a alternative to get mail trafic and resolve this issue.

I want migrate to dovecot to use interessant things like sieve filters.
    Sieve filters not avaliable for courrier right?

I have to machines a new with bind and dovecot. (And this not count - reported by my friend ricardo)

And a old with courrier and mydns. (This Count)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Courier uses filters in maildrop format instead of sieve format. Maildroip is an dvanced filtering language which offers even more options then sieve. Thats why we have traffic stats in maildrop but not in sieve as sieve filters can not write the traffic stats to files.

6. moglia

moglia New Member

Traffic Info

My friend talk about dovecot more reliable and 100% IMAP protocol compatible.
    Sieve filters can be manipulated on remote side right? I see a .xpi on Thunderbird and Roundcube Plugin.

I discovery some debian GPL packages (rpmbuild too) can get postfix, courrier, proftpd and dovecot traffic information. All Running as daemon and store info on mysql database. Then i think learn more about it and adapt to work on ispconfig3. (all traffic info show-me on realtime)

Have another interest package for chroot web enviroment.