Mail quota

Discussion in 'General' started by hastlaug, Apr 11, 2006.

1. hastlaug

hastlaug New Member

is it possible to setup mail quota completely independant from webspace quota?
    I want to allow a customer "usable size" mailboxes, but the webspace should be very limited... until now I didn't find an option to manage this :-(

But even if this isn't possible - thank you for the best free server config software that I've seen so far ;)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is possible, but only in a special configuration:

1) You must use mailbox and not maildir storage format with a pop3 / imap daemon that supports mailbox.
    2) Your /var or at least /var/spool/mail directory must have quota disabled.

If you uncheck the "Maildir" checkbox in ISPConfig under management > server > settings > email, a new input field for a separate mailbox size will appear in the ISPConfig email user settings.

The drawback is that mailbox is not as scalable as maildir format, but we have not found a reliable and fast procmail recipe for running quotas on maildir. If anyone has seen such a script, please post it :)
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. hastlaug

hastlaug New Member

Maybe I didn't clearly point out my problem ;)
    I know that it's possible to have separate mail and web quotas per user when using mbox...

It does not seem to be possible to restrict these values separate per customer... there only exists a total quota field.
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, that's not possible.