Mail Forwarding System doesn't work as well :(

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vaio1, May 18, 2011.

1. vaio1

vaio1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi guys,

today I have created a two domains name [domain1.com, domain2.org] in the email section of the ISPConfig control panel and then I've created the Domain alias for the domain2.com.

I would like to duplicate all the emails configured in the domain1.com into domain2.org

for instance, these are the main email accounts:
    Code:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

these are the mail aliases:
    Code:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

When a user for an external or internal email send an email to the mail aliases, for instance [[email protected]] I get this error:

Code:
    May 18 16:41:41 mailserver postfix/smtpd[735]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp203.alice.it[82.57.240.99]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]>
    proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp203.alice.it>
    May 18 16:41:41 mailserver postfix/smtpd[735]: disconnect from smtp203.alice.it[82.57.240.99]

what have I to do to fix this problem?

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make surte that you have added domain2.org as email domain in ispconfig and that you enabled smtp authentication in your email client for the account that you use to send the emails.

3. vaio1

Yes it is already saved as email domain in ispconfig.

4. till

According to the log, your mail client misses to authenticate itself on the server. Please check your mail client settings and ensure that it authenticates itself correctly with username and password.

5. vaio1

I have sent an email by an external gmail.com account to [email protected] and I get the same problem, how is it possible?

[email protected] doesn't receive nothing if I send an email to the [email protected] account by a gmail.com account.

6. till

According to the mail log, domain2.org is not a local email domain on your server. Please check again that you added a email domain "domain2.org" in ispconfig and that you added 3 new email aliases:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

in ispconfig that point to the coirresponding mailboxes on the other domain.

7. vaio1

I cannot create the 3 aliases because the client wants to clone all the email created in the main domain domain1.org to the domain2.org.

So, I have already created the Email Domain domain2.org in the control panel and then I've created also a Domain alias in order to clone every email address of the first main domain (domain1.org) to the second domain (domain2.org), in this way:

Code:
    Source                     Destination  
    @domain2.org  -----> @domain1.org

Is it wrong?

8. till

Thats not wrong, but it does not work reliably with all pop3 / imap daemons. There are known problems with courier while it seems to work better with dovecot.

Please remove the domain alias and add a email alias and test if it works then.

9. vaio1

It's very strange this problem because I've forget that I have just tested the above posted configuration for other domains and the problem seems to me that it's not appear at all.

Just for testing I've tested also your suggestion and seems that the problem remains. I am a little bit confused.

Why with some domains the emails is forwarded to the main domain and for these other domains not. am I unlucky!?

10. till

Ok, so the problem is not related to the domain alias function.

Check the domain domain2.org in ispconfig again. Make sure that you really really have no typo in there and that the domain is not deactivated. Also make sure that the domain domain2.org exists in dns and that the MX record for domain2.org points to your local server. And check taht you did not add domain2.org accidently as transport!

Postfix clearly states that it does not know domain2.org in its setup.

11. vaio1

Checked again!
    domain2.org is present in the Email domain page
    domain2.org is registered also in the Domain alias page as mentioned before

[email protected] is present as Email Account and it is active.

Both domains are registered and active, the dns zone is configured and the MX record points to the right server.

I have forgot to telling you that I have 3 servers and I have installed the Multiserver system following your ISPConfig tutorial.

12. vaio1

Hi guys,

I continue to get the same Relay access denied error. Any help?