Magento issue for instalation.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ole Vangen, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ole Vangen

Ole Vangen Member

Hi I have a Debian ISpconfig3 server

I have created a site with php7 and Fast CGI.
    I first tried to install it using ASP but it failed.
    I then uploaded the files with ftp and planned to installed in using the web.(old fashion way )
    when I enter the /setup/ folder from my browser I get this msg.

Autoload error
    Vendor autoload is not found. Please run 'composer install' under application root directory.
    (This is naturally what I do not want to do because I dont have composer installed IF I had composer installed I could install Magento using composer from command line.)

Anyone that has a solution I can use? :D.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Active Member

never had any problems installing magento. create the website/database in ispconfig as normal.
    usually, I just ssh to the server using the account created during the server install and sudo to root.
    switch to the website's root folder, wget the magento zip/tar file, extract it, then run: chown -R web#:client# *
    then just continue the install as per the magento install instructions.
    (I would only install it on it's own server though, it's way more resource heavy than wordpress/joomla etc. wouldn't trust it on a shared hosting server unless you've got a really big server, or it's a very infrequently visited site)

I don't know what you used to ftp the files to the server, I've noticed quite often with FileZilla, If there's lots of little files/folders, (which there definitely is with magento), it doesn't always upload every single file, it misses quite a lot of them, but doesn't indicate any issues/failures with the upload. the method above avoids any such issue.

you can install nodejs/npm and composer and make them available to jailkitted ssh users. done that on our own servers. I know I've posted the jailkit config I've used for them in replies to some threads on here. a quick search for node / composer should find them.

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Active Member

in jk_init.ini:
    Code:
    [node]
    comment = NodeJS
    executables = /usr/bin/npm, /usr/bin/node, /usr/bin/nodejs, /usr/local/bin/elmi-to-json
    directories = /usr/share/npm, /usr/lib/nodejs, /usr/local/lib/node_modules

[composer]
    comment = composer
    executables = /usr/bin/composer
    directories = /usr/share/doc/composer

i'm assuming you'll want nodejs/npm as well at some point, everyone wanting to use composer on our servers has.

Jesse Norell likes this.