Lots of errors / MySQL overload

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ande, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ande

ande Member

Hi there,

I get a lot of messages like

OK, those may be "only" warnings, but I wanted to report them regardless.

What bothers me more is a lot of unavailability of MySQL from ClamAV:

And this:
    How can I tweak the resources so this won't happen? I have 8 GB RAM, 4 core processor and so far not many domains on it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the mysql my.cnf file and set max_connections and max_user_connections to 500 and restart mysql.

3. ande

ande Member

I'll give it a try. I had upp'ed max_connections to 200 already but didnt know about max_user_connections. Many thanks!

4. ande

ande Member

I'm sorry I have to return but still got many log entries like:

Plus, at the moment my mail queue is rather full, mail log says reasons mostly like:

To be honest, I am currently testing the performance of the mail server: I have a honeypot that generates random nonexistant mail addresses for one domain (I can turn MX for that domain off for I usually dont use mail on that domain) and displays it on a webpage. For sure the crawler bots harvest that and then try to send all sorts of SPAM and virusses. I get a lot of attempts to send mail, most of them get blocked by postfix already. The server load is still below 0.2 ...

Amavis still cries in its pillow:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? Does your Postfix have MySQL support compiled in?

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    , and what's in /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf?