Lots of errors / MySQL overload

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ande, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ande

ande New Member

Hi there,

I get a lot of messages like

OK, those may be "only" warnings, but I wanted to report them regardless.

What bothers me more is a lot of unavailability of MySQL from ClamAV:

And this:
    How can I tweak the resources so this won't happen? I have 8 GB RAM, 4 core processor and so far not many domains on it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Edit the mysql my.cnf file and set max_connections and max_user_connections to 500 and restart mysql.

3. ande

ande New Member

I'll give it a try. I had upp'ed max_connections to 200 already but didnt know about max_user_connections. Many thanks!

4. ande

ande New Member

I'm sorry I have to return but still got many log entries like:

Plus, at the moment my mail queue is rather full, mail log says reasons mostly like:

To be honest, I am currently testing the performance of the mail server: I have a honeypot that generates random nonexistant mail addresses for one domain (I can turn MX for that domain off for I usually dont use mail on that domain) and displays it on a webpage. For sure the crawler bots harvest that and then try to send all sorts of SPAM and virusses. I get a lot of attempts to send mail, most of them get blocked by postfix already. The server load is still below 0.2 ...

Amavis still cries in its pillow:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? Does your Postfix have MySQL support compiled in?

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    , and what's in /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf?