Login data for mysql changed - no login possible anymore

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom, Mar 31, 2008.

1. tom

tom Member

Sytax for Login data for mysql changed - no login possible anymore

The syntax of the mysql database and username usualy is webxy_db1 and webxy_u1. I dont no why but no its changed to webxydb1 and webxyu1 but in Administration--> System Config still "web[WEBID]_" is the User Prefix.

I suggest the behavior has to do with my problems of loggin in the mysql database. It is possible to login phpmyadmin usind dbuser and pass. But If I try to install some new software using an installscript which askes for dbname, dbuser and dbpass this error are shown:

Failure to connect to your MySQL database server. MySQL reports the following message: Access denied for user 'web24_test'@'localhost' (using password: NO).

Are there any explanations and solutions for this faults?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. tom

tom Member

Any idea for a solution?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no bug or problem. Just the default usernames and databse names in ISPConfig has been changed due to security problems in mysql. Just use the username without the underscore, just as it is displayed in the database cretion dialog.

4. tom

tom Member

Ok, than I can exclude this during searching the fault of no dbconnect. I still don't understand why I cant use usual dbinstallscripts like for drupal or bb2b anymore. There is no acces athough there is a db and correct logindata.

It is possible to login in phpmyadmin using dbuser and pass. But If I try to install some new software using an installscript which askes for dbname, dbuser and dbpass this error are shown and the difference between the login of phpmyadmin and these dbinstallscripts are the dbname.

Failure to connect to your MySQL database server. MySQL reports the following message: Access denied for user 'web24_test'@'localhost' (using password: NO).

Do your have a idea why these scripts dont pass the right login data?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

web24_test is the wrong username. It should be something like web24u1 or so.

6. tom

tom Member

That's what I'm woundering about. I'm using for:
    dbname --> web24db1
    dbuser --> web24u1

dbpass --> ******
    as I did it as usual many times before but now I get this strange message:

Access denied for user 'web24_test'@'localhost'

Why do I get the access denied message for user 'web24_test'@'localhost' allthought I'm using not this username?

I know that usernames linke web24_xyz are system users and users like web24u1 are db users but how can the system translate the given dbuser to a system user?

A secound try with the same result:
    I've just created a new custumer and a new web and there is the same behavior:
    The passed date:

dbname --> web27db1
    dbuser --> web27u1

And the message:
    Access denied for user 'web27_test'@'localhost'

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  7. till

The output says that you try to connect with the username web27_test and not the username web24u1. To connect with web24u1 from the shell, run:

mysql -u web24u1 -p web24db1

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure you're putting the database details in the correct config files? Maybe the web27_test is located in some other config file.

9. tom

tom Member

Yes, I've installed drupal several times an it worked very well and whithin the installprocess nowhere it's nessesary to create any files. Every thing the install script does.

I've done it as I did it befor but now with that strange behavior. What could be the reason for that. I realy still have no idea?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  10. till

According to the error message, drupal connects with the wrong username. It must be a problem in the drupal configuration, please double check the drupal config files and make sure that they do not contain the mysql username web27_test

11. tom

tom Member

I've worked it out. The reaseon for this strange behavior is lokated in the php.ini by
    sql.safe_mode = On

I switched it Off an everything works as usual. :)
    Thanks for your answers an time!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  12. till

The system users and database users are not related in any kind. As your error message mentions the system user, its must be anywere in the drupal configuration. Please do as I requested and review the drupal config files.