LM-sensors - Ubuntu 12.04.2 - ISPConfig 3.0.5.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by danhansen@denmark, May 27, 2013.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi everybody...

I have a Ubuntu Server 12.04.2 with ISPConfig on an older PC / Intel P4 / 2Gb RAM. its running quite good, but I would really like to have this security function which I found on this site. http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Configure-the-server/Monitor-server-temperatures.html The "Monitor Critical Temp. in Ubuntu" function that is. But,

After having tried to follow the ToDo and seaching the sites I still haven't solved the problem. Therefore I hope some of you experts in here would like to help out.

The problem is that I have tried to run "sensors-detect" quite some times and every time with the same result.. It finds:
    "Found `ITE IT8712F Super IO Sensors' Success! (address 0x290, driver `it87')"

But afterwards when I am trying to run "sensors" to se some results, nothing appears... Only:
    No sensors found!
    Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
    Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

Then of course, when I am running the script I get errors like:
    JOB RUN AT Mon May 27 18:55:25 CEST 2013
    =======================================

CPU Warning Limit set to => 35
    CPU Shutdown Limit set to => 50

No sensors found!

No sensors found!
    ./CPUTempShutdown.sh: line 49: [: -ge: unary operator expected
    ./CPUTempShutdown.sh: line 59: [: -ge: unary operator expected
    Temperature temp1 OK at =>

CPU Core is within limits

I have some more info regarding the script and the motherboard etc. if needed. But I wouldn't dump 34million characters if its completely bogus...

Here's the script itself: http://www.havetheknowhow.com/scripts/CPUTempShutdown.txt

From the BIOS, which is an Award BIOS there's both fans & CPU temp. , voltage showing etc. (VCORE)

Anybody who can help me?

2. pititis

pititis Member

Update the bios to the last version, it's a must. then run sensors-detect again.

Cheers

3. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Pititis,

Thanks for your reply...
    I have been looking for a new bios for this MB but no such luck.. It's pretty old and the newest BIOS from the manufacturer's site tell's me that it is the newest one. there was only 3 versions. But, one of those "drivers-finder" software you run into all the time these days, told me that a newer BIOS existed, but I can't see how this is possible if this is not found on the manufacturer's website... Maybe?!?

It was a GRUB thing which was the problem.. We just found the solution. But I know that the new BIOS would have done some too I just can't find a new one...

Thanks fr your help ;)