Letsencrypt updates ok, but fails to create new

Discussion in 'General' started by Riaan, Mar 25, 2020.

  1. Riaan

    Riaan New Member

    Hi formites!

    I wanted to create a new Letsencrypt cert for a website on my ISPConfig server. I've not had any issues until I've upgraded ISPConfig a while ago. In an attempt to fix this issue I've now updated to the latest git-stable release, but still, the problem persists. The server is running Ubuntu 16.04 but I haven't had a reason to upgrade it yet.

    Just a little more info:
    ISPConfig Version: 3.1dev
    certbot version: 0.27.0

    When I select to install a cert on the domain it fails and the log shows:
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,232:DEBUG:certbot.main:certbot version: 0.27.0
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,233:DEBUG:certbot.main:Arguments: ['-n', '--text', '--agree-tos', '--expand', '--authenticator', 'webroot', '--server', 'https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory', '--rsa-key-size', '4096', '--email', '[email protected]', '--domains', 'XXXXXXXXXX.co.za', '--domains', 'www.XXXXXXXXXX.co.za', '--domains', 'webmail.XXXXXXXXXX.co.za', '--webroot-path', '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme']
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,233:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#standalone,PluginEntryPoint#webroot)
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,249:DEBUG:certbot.log:Root logging level set at 20
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,250:INFO:certbot.log:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,252:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Requested authenticator webroot and installer None
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,252:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Single candidate plugin: * webroot
    Description: Place files in webroot directory
    Interfaces: IAuthenticator, IPlugin
    Entry point: webroot = certbot.plugins.webroot:Authenticator
    Initialized: <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f3ac152ea90>
    Prep: True
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,253:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Selected authenticator <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f3ac152ea90> and installer None
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,254:INFO:certbot.plugins.selection:Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
    2020-03-25 12:37:03,292:DEBUG:certbot.log:Exiting abnormally:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/letsencrypt", line 9, in <module>
        load_entry_point('certbot==0.27.0', 'console_scripts', 'certbot')()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1364, in main
        return config.func(config, plugins)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1238, in certonly
        le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 641, in _init_le_client
        acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 512, in _determine_account
        acc = display_ops.choose_account(accounts)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/ops.py", line 83, in choose_account
        "Please choose an account", labels, force_interactive=True)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 512, in menu
        self._interaction_fail(message, cli_flag, "Choices: " + repr(choices))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 474, in _interaction_fail
        raise errors.MissingCommandlineFlag(msg)
    MissingCommandlineFlag: Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting:
    Please choose an account
    The domain name is replaced with "XXXXXXXXXX".
    I also receive two emails that said the following:
    25.03.2020-12:37 - WARNING - Let's Encrypt SSL Cert for: XXXXXXXXXX.co.za could not be issued.
    25.03.2020-12:37 - WARNING - /usr/bin/letsencrypt certonly -n --text --agree-tos --expand --authenticator webroot --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory --rsa-key-size 4096 --email [email protected]  --domains XXXXXXXXXX.co.za --domains www.XXXXXXXXXX.co.za --domains webmail.XXXXXXXXXX.co.za --webroot-path /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme
    Has anybody had this issue and is there a way to fix this?
    Kind regards,
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Your certbot setup has two accounts, you have to delete the new one (which is not used by any certs yet). The old one must be kept as your current certs use it.
  3. Riaan

    Riaan New Member

    Hi Till,
    You're a ROCKET SCIENTIST !!! Thanks for your incredibly quick and accurate response.
    For anybody that has this issue. In my /etc/letsencrypt/accounts I had:
    drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Mar 25 12:07 acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/
    drwx------ 3 root root 4096 May  2  2017 acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/
    drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Sep 17  2019 acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/
    I removed the first two and only left the acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org folder. This solved my problem.
    Once again, thank you Till!
    Kind regards,

Share This Page