Language translation

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by benbalbo, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. benbalbo

    benbalbo ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    I've tried to find a suitable place to report this bug. Not sure if it should go here or the wiki, but I've noticed the tranlation engine is a bit eager.

    I added a DNS entry with the host name "domain" and it shows up in the rendered page as "Domain". Similarly, folder names are translated. In the (unlikely) event that I have a client called "Kunde", it will apear in my tree as "Customer".

    There is a valid point for translating some tree items, but in some cases this is undesirable. In the case of translating host names in the dns it's very confusing. I have checked the zone records are correct, and they are, so it only affects the display, but still - confusing.

    One option for the tree node names is to have a "translate" check box in the properties screen, where you edit the name.

    Unless someone else is working on this right now, I might start on that, as it's annoying me. Appolgies if it's been fixed in the latest release - I haven't had a chance to check it out yet...


Share This Page