Keeping services up

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mischa, Mar 15, 2012.

1. mischa

mischa New Member

Hi there. I am new to ISPConfig and migrating from Plesk.

Yesterday my Apache was down on my server. Is it the case, that I have to configure upstart or something to keep the service up - or should ISPConfig do so already and this is a hint for a misconfiguration?

Cheers

2. till

till Super Moderator

You can either use the internal ispconfig monitoring System which can be enabed under System > Server config > Rescue or use a separate monitoring software like monin / munit.

3. mischa

mischa New Member

Thank you for your quick reply, this seems to work!

Two more questions:

Is this feature "experimental", because it is not enabled by default (seems to be a good default setting to keep the webserver up in an hosting control panel) and neither mentioned in the manual (at least in the version i bought).

Where can I get more information about this service? E.g. i would want to finetune the check-interval, cause it seems to me that the server stays down for an unnecessary long time (a minute?)

4. till

till Super Moderator

The feature is not experimental and it is mentioned in the current version of the manual (1.3) on page 209.

The ispconfig cronjob runs once a minute, so the check can not occur more often. If you need shorter check intevals, use a external monitoring software.

5. mischa

mischa New Member

Thank you for your quick replies. This kind of community support is a huge advantage over Plesk !!!!