Issues with Change SQL Password plugin for Squirrel Mail on Centos 5.4 and ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by centosarus, May 3, 2010.

1. centosarus

centosarus New Member

I have this setup per this howto "The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.4 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3]":

And I am trying to setup the Change SQL Password plugin per this howto: ,starting from the

However after I logged in to webmail and tried to change the password using the new plugin, I get this error:
    I am assuming that the following code in the config.php of the pluging may not be correct:
    $csp_dsn = 'mysql://mail_admin:mail_admin_password@localhost/mail';
    Please help. Thanks
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. centosarus

centosarus New Member

Thanks for the reply, Till.

I changed the necessary in order to get the DB connection going, however a "Your old password does not match" error from the Change Password screen. I think it has to do with the password encryption used.

Which encryption should I use? In the file:

// password_encryption
       // What encryption method do you use to store passwords
       // in your database?  Please use one of the following,
       // exactly as you see it:
       //   NONE          Passwords are stored as plain text only
       //   MYSQLPWD      Passwords are stored using the MySQL password() function
       //   MYSQLENCRYPT  Passwords are stored using the MySQL encrypt() function
       //   PHPCRYPT      Passwords are stored using the PHP crypt() function
       //   MD5CRYPT      Passwords are stored using encrypted MD5 algorithm
       //   MD5           Passwords are stored as MD5 hash
       $password_encryption = 'MYSQLENCRYPT';
    and this is used also:

$csp_salt_static = 'LEFT(password, 2)';
    Has anyone successfully used the Change SQL Password plugin with an ISPConfig3 and Squirrelmail setup??

4. till

5. centosarus

centosarus New Member

Unless I am mistaken, it appears that the salt is not static based on what I am seeing here in file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/

if(isset($field['encryption']) && $field['encryption'] == 'CRYPT') {
                     for ($n=0;$n<8;$n++) {
                 $record[$key] = crypt($record[$key],$salt);
                 $sql_insert_val .= "'".$app->db->quote($record[$key])."', ";
    } elseif { ........ }
    How does Squirrelmail handle login? How is the password checked? If you could point me in that direction, I'd be able to get that plugin to work. I think or hope.

6. till

7. centosarus

centosarus New Member

Thanks Till for your help. It's good now.

Here is what I did:

In the config.php of the plugin change_sqlpass, I set the following variables as followed:

$csp_dsn = 'mysql://dbuser:dbuser_pass@localhost/ISPConfigDB';
    where dbuser is the user who has access to the ISPConfig database ISPConfigDB. Replace ISPConfigDB with the name of your ISPConfig database (dbispconfig by default) and dbuser_pass with the user password.

$lookup_password_query = 'SELECT count(*) FROM mail_user WHERE email = "%1" AND password = %4';
    where mail_user is the table used by ISPConfig3 and email and password are the columns in that table.

$password_update_queries = array('UPDATE mail_user SET password = %4 WHERE email = "%1"');
    $password_encryption = 'MYSQLENCRYPT';
    Till, I know you said to use MD5CRYPT but it did not work for me. When I used it, the password I enter on the change password form as my old password could not be matched with the one in the database.

$csp_salt_static = 'LEFT(password, 12)';
    That worked for me.