ISPConfig3 VirtualBox Public Network

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nikaraqula26, Sep 22, 2013.

1. nikaraqula26

nikaraqula26 New Member

Hi, I installed ISPConfig on VirtualBox, everything works fine, but only on the local network eg 192.168.0.19. How can I get the server was seen on a public network?
    Public address my network is 87.206.X.XXX,. When I type in the browser 192.168.0.19:8080 everything works, but when you enter 87.206.x.xxx: 8080, pops up an error that the server is not responding. I have a virtual machine set to Bridge. Please for help

2. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

I'm not sure it's correct for VB!

Have you forwarded the Port 8080 in Router to the Static IP of your server?

3. nikaraqula26

nikaraqula26 New Member

I forward port now. All is fine, but only for me. Other people can't connect.
    [​IMG]

4. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

Did you've setup your Nameservers ns1..........com and ns2...........com correctly? That have to done in first line by your Domain Registra. There your Domain name will be resolved to you public static IP. Those 2 nameserver are minimum requirement.

I'm new to ISOConfig and not know, the ns1 amd ns2 nameserver could be build from the CP.

Also, have you set the Port for Apache also correctly? Normally Apache is running on Port 80 and you use 8080! Port 443 is for https!

5. nikaraqula26

nikaraqula26 New Member

If you have not yet purchased a domain, which in this case? When I buy, how do I redirect it to the server, if it is not visible within the public network?
    Whent i change Listen to 8080 then nothing worked
    My Configuration:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Quaxth

Quaxth New Member

The problem seems to be, that, if you didn't have an registered Domain, your server will not propagated to the Internet.

Now AFAIK, you'll need 2 different public IP's if you try to use an server without domain. The name server should point to following:
    • ns1.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (first Public IP)
    • ns2.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (second Public IP)
    In case you register a Domain by, let say Namecheap.com, GoDaddy.com or others, you could use their Nameserver for to resolve the Domian name to your public IP. The registra will also have more than 2 Nameserver available, each with an different IP, which you didn't need to know because to resolve to your Public IP the Domain name is used.

The cost for to register an Domain name is app. US$ 10.00/year.

May, if you don't mind, send your Public IP by PM to me and I'll try to connect and let you know the result.