ISPConfig3 on Ubuntu 12.04; SquirrelMail/Mail Issues

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by andyrossy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. andyrossy

andyrossy New Member

Hey

I have 2 problems, hoping someone can give me a few pointers.

The first one, Im using the nginx config as outlined here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.04-lts-nginx-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p6

SquirrelMail loads fine, as does the interface, and I can click everywhere, until after I've sent an email, then I receive back a 404 in the right pain, and my error log as follows:

2012/08/01 17:54:04 [error] 3054#0: *1 "/usr/share/webmail/index.php" is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: *****, server: redb.us, request: "GET /webmail/ HTTP/1.1", host: "foo.bar"
    2012/08/01 17:54:08 [error] 3054#0: *1 "/var/www/redb.us/web/squirrelmail/index.html" is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: *****, server: redb.us, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", host: "foo.bar"

It looks like /webmail is not correctly being rewritten? Any ideas why?

Second query, sending emails to the server, i've configured the mx of the domain to be the same host. Even though port 25 according to netstat -a is listening *:* I am unable to connect to it remotely, is there some firewall configuration I am missing? Or should this port not be externally open? (To receive emails)

2. andyrossy

andyrossy New Member

Fixed the 2nd problem still got the first / 404. Any ideas?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can you post the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /usr/share/webmail/
    ?

4. andyrossy

andyrossy New Member

root@engine:~# ls -la /usr/share/webmail/
    ls: cannot access /usr/share/webmail/: No such file or directory
    root@engine:~#

When should this have been created? During the squirrel mail install?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

Seems as if SquirrelMail isn't fully installed. Can you try
    Code:
    apt-get install squirrelmail
    again?