ISPconfig3 Nginx Reverse Proxy ( Issue with SSL and LetsEncrypt )

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DARK9Y8, Mar 17, 2018.

1. DARK9Y8

DARK9Y8 New Member

Hello Team,

I just found information somewhere on the internet that ISPconfig also works with nginx reverse-proxy. So I tried to install with nginx reverse proxy.

I installed the server with this guide ( without any errors ). Also, everything was working fine from normal site to SSL site with lets encrypt. Then I installed nginx using apt-get install nginx command.
    Then I configured the panel for Nginx Reverse Proxy by following a guide on Github. ISPconfig Nginx Reverse Proxy
    I copied ( nginx_reverse_proxy_plugin.vhost.conf.master & vhost.conf.master ) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/
    then I created a symlink from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/nginx_reverse_proxy_plugin.inc.php to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/nginx_reverse_proxy_plugin.inc.php
    then I created a new site from control panel. The load indicator was taking much time. I restarted mysql and then again tried to create site. This time it was created and was working fine.
    Then I enabled SSL and LetsEncrypt option but it was not working. After that I pasted below directive from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/nginx_vhost.conf.master to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/nginx_reverse_proxy_plugin.vhost.conf.master
    ## Allow access for .well-known/acme-challenge
    location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
    access_log off;
    log_not_found off;
    root /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme/;
    autoindex off;
    index index.html;
    try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
    }

This time LetsEncrypt issued the SSL and SSL and LetsEnrypt was ticked marked in panel. Also, apache was configured for SSL with letsencrypt crt and key. The only issue I am facing is that nginx reverse proxy plugin is not updating the nginx vhost file with SSL and LetsEncrypt.

Server: Debian 9 Linode 1GB RAM
    ISPconfig Latest Version
    Apache running on Port 82

Thank You