ISPCONFIG simply stopped working

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Tomislav Aurednik, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Tomislav Aurednik

Tomislav Aurednik Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    Apparently without any proper reason ispconfig web interface simply stopped working - there is simply no reply from server. Nothing was updated from the last time when interface was still working OK.

Things that I tried
    - restarted apache
    - restarted router, checked NAT settings
    - When I try to get file "robots.txt" from same site - no problem
    - intentionally changed database password in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php, immediately received errors in /var/log/apache2/error.log

All other sites are working without problem. Where to look for the cause ?

Regards, Tomi

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No errors in apache error.log at all when you access ISPConfig? Did you try using a different browser or a different PC?

3. Tomislav Aurednik

Nothing about ispconfig in these logs... All I managed to find until now is the fact, that constructor of class "app" in file
    /usr/local/ispconfig/ubterface/lib/app.inc.php
    doesn't reach the end of function.

4. Tomislav Aurednik

Localized a problem to function "session_start()" - it simply hangs... It seems I have some mess with PHP

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the session table in the dbispconfig database with phpmyadmin, run a repair and optimize on that table, it might be broken which then causes PHP to fail on session init.

6. Tomislav Aurednik

Sorry for bothering, at the and I found out that mysql mount ran out of disk space due to extensive logging. Anyway thank you for pointing me into right direction