ISPConfig service starting error,please help~~

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by rosa hsiao, Oct 20, 2005.

1. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

I just finished setting up Fedora 3 withthe "How To" and all seems fine, except....

After finishing all the apt & ISPConfig setup, I came across the following problem when rebooting the system again:

The screen was stuck at the following position while starting finishing ISPConfig service:

...............[OK]
    Httpd: cannot find qualified servername,use 127.0.0.1 as servername.
    ...............[OK]
    enabling Swap space [OK]

(The cursor kept blinking here.)

Can anyone give me some hints as how to solve the problem without reinstalling the system or ISPConfig again?

Rosa

2. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

I almost don't have the same problems as above but my services are not starting up at all and this is know the 3rd time i have re-installed Suse 10.0 i have been doing this with suse 10.0 and ISPConfig 2.1.0... i have manualy restarted the ispconfig (/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start) :eek: and i could access the Admin panel and checked the service area and guess what i do not have ftp and pop3 services are failing :eek: :confused:

i noticed that it creates an account in linux ( admispconfig ) :confused: any ideas on why the services are not starting up at all...

Peace
    AngelDrago

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  3. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

My problem is:
    The screen was stuck at the "enabling Swap space...[OK]" position while rebooting the Fedora system. ie, I don't have the chance to login to Fedora's GUI Screen and manually restart the ISPConfig settings via command line.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Did you have a look at the log files (e.g. /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog)?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Hm... :confused: You could use a Linux rescue CD (e.g. Knoppix) and try to repair the system.

6. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

ISPConfig service starting erro,please help~~

Thanks for your advice. I have reinstalled the Fedora system,the problem is solved and I am able to log on to the system again.