ISPConfig panel -- SSL remove

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by 8omas, Mar 10, 2011.

1. 8omas

8omas Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have enabled SSL over ISPConfig 3 panel following the instructions in the manual (the same instructions can be found in this post

I noticed that if I update ISPConfig 3 through ispconfig_update.sh or if I change settings in Server Config of gui, the custom changes on 000-ispconfig.vhost (changes regarding SSL) are removed!!

The solution is to repaste the:

Code:
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/ispserver.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/ispserver.key
    Is this a bug, or this is normal?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no bug, your ssl certs are just in the wrong location. ISPConfig expects the ssl certs in another directory and as it does not find any ssl certs in its ssl directory, the ssl config gets disabled. During update, select to recreate the ssl certificates so that ispconfig can create new certs in its ssl folder.

3. 8omas

Can you tell me, where to put them and which names to use?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. 8omas

I think I found it
    After following the manual, I added 3 lines in 000-ispconfig.vhost which removed after the update.

I only had to :
    Code:
    cp /etc/apache2/ssl/ispserver.crt /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    cp /etc/apache2/ssl/ispserver.key  /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key
    then I removed the lines I pasted and finally I uncomment the existing lines in the .vhost files.

Is this correct?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can see the paths in the ispconfig.vhost file, they are jsut commented out when no ssl certs are found. The paths are:

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key

6. 8omas

So, I am correct.
    Thanks