ISpConfig mirror

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by athul, Oct 2, 2011.

1. athul

athul New Member

Hii,
    I have been trying to set up a mail server mirror following the instructions in the ISPconfig manual and .As per the manual,all configurations should be copied to the mirror upon selecting the 'Is a mirror of' option. But i cannot see my postfix configuration on master server copied to the slave.The mirror server is listed on the master server panel.What may be the problem here.Which logs should i check here.How can i rectify this.Please help me solve this.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, with postfix configurations, only contants in the database are meant and not any postfix cinfig files. The config files are setup once by the ispconfig installer.

So if you are missing records in the ispconfig db on the salve server, please enable debugging in ispconfig on the master server for the slave and then run this command on the slave:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

and post the output. The most common reason for this problem is that the /etc/hosts files on master and slave does not contain the exact lines for master and slave as described in the multiserver install tutorial, so that mysql is not able to authenticate the salve server correctly.