ISPConfig - External Interface for multiple users on multiple servers

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by ZeroEnna, Dec 24, 2014.

1. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to script a new interface for ISPConfig.

The background:

I am currently running a server with ISPConfig for my customer sites. However, it is possible that in the future, I will need to setup a second server.

Because of negative experiences with the multiserver setup, I now need a "common" way to administer the websites and mail accounts.

My Plan:

I registered a domain, call it ""
    My plan is to program an interface using the ISPConfig 3 API. In the database, I make a note on which server the customer has domains and what his client ID is on the server.
    The user logs in with a username and a password and gets presented his sites. Now he can do all the editing that he can do in ISPConfig.

Has anyone ever done anything like that? Is there any solution already programmed?
    Please give me your estimate if this is a good way to do it :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I would use a multi-server-setup. If you need more than one server with the inferface, use the cluster-setup (just replicate the database and copy the config).
  3. webguyz

webguyz Member HowtoForge Supporter

The further you stray from the recommended way in the How-to's, the more frustrating it will be to get support. What kind of negative experience did you have with multi-server? Just curious since it works well for me.