ISPConfig Dovecot Configuration.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jims_a_winner, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jims_a_winner

jims_a_winner New Member

Hello guys,

I have got my secondary ISPConfig server up and running (for ns2.mydomain.com) and intodns.com reports that everything is fine now for both my DNS servers.

I have 2 questions

1) Is there a way to synchronize the 2 servers (mail/web/dns etc) as my secondary server is only picking up the config if I deactivate/reactivate the website/dns entry or mail account (which could be time consuming).

2) My secondary ispconfig server uses dovecot as opposed to courier (in a bid to rid some STARTTLS vulns) but the mail directories are slightly different (the mail folders are created in

/var/vmail/domain.com/accountName/Maildir/

On the primary server

/var/vmail/domain.com/accountName/ (the Maildir doesnt exist)

The reason I need to configure dovecot to use the same directory as courier is because I wish to use rsync to bring the servers together.

Kind regards,
    Jim

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Use the resync feature. See Tools module in ispconfig.
    2) You have to use the same imape daemon (courier or dovecot) on both servers.

3. jims_a_winner

jims_a_winner New Member

Thank you Till..

I managed to work out the resync worked a treat..

With regards to the same imap daemon my intention was to move both to dovecot so I will work on that first.

Do you have any tips on backing up/restoring as I will install a new centos box before I take down the old one.

Regards,
    Jim