ISPConfig DNS Problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by midcarolina, Aug 20, 2011.

1. midcarolina

midcarolina New Member

Well, I have moved my servers to a new location using a static public IP serving multiple sites. ISPConfig 3 will simple not figure anything out. cPanel picks up information right away and places it in the proper location. Mail in ISPConfig 3 doesn't work still. Created an A record for mail.example.com pointing to the public IP which port forwards to the router. No luck. CNAME...no luck. TXT record...no luck. No errors. I can't get ISPConfig 3 to recognize the nameservers that I made using GoDaddy's services. Using various Traceroutes, reverse lookups, these nameservers resolve the IPs supplied by my ISP. ISPConfig....not regonizing. I have created every CNAME and A record possible to mankind. The "Monitor" in ISPConfig 3 shows everything to be fine. Nothing works at all. About to call it quits w/ ISPConfig. Too confusing. All that the manual states that ISPConfig should do automatically certainly does not happen.

2. mentes

mentes New Member

Do you get any answer if you do...?

... ping mail.example.com
    ... dig mail.example.com
    ... dig mx mail.example.com

Are your dns right?

http://www.intodns.com/example.com