ISPConfig and IP Failover configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by HitoDev, Sep 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. HitoDev

HitoDev New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You don't have to add it anywhere in ISPConfig. Just take care to use * in the IPv4 field of the websites.

3. I have an IPv4 failover for each of my servers. What I did was, the moment I had ISPC set up and running, to add the failover IP in System->Server IP addresses . There I also decided to disable the primary IP of the server, since I'm only using my failover IP, but this step is optional.

Be aware that some outgoing services, most notably postfix, might use both IPs indiscriminately, and you might not want that behavior when using SPF and DKIM. In my case I just had to tell postfix only use my desired outbound addresses with:

smtp_bind_address = your_failover_IPv4_address
    smtp_bind_address6 = your_IPv6_address_if_you_use_one

EDIT: Next sentence in italic is compeltely wrong. Please ignore it: Keep in mind that these settings will be lost when you upgrade your ISPC installation. It would be a simple and nice addition to have this integrated in the ISPC panel but adding them after every update is not a big deal either.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You sure about that? From memory, I don't think ispconfig uses those settings currently.

Ignacio Garcia likes this.
  5. Oh, you're right. My mistake. Editing it now