ISPCONFIG 3 on debian problem with php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by piotrczl, Jul 4, 2011.

1. piotrczl

piotrczl New Member

2. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Are u using fast-cgi with su-exec enabled? if you change to mod-php for your site, does it work?

3. piotrczl

piotrczl New Member

Hi erosbk,
    Yes I using fast-cgi with su-exec enabled? if i change to mod-php for my site, offcourse site working fine, but why doesn't working with su-exec ?

4. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Did you try without suexec? could you paste code of index.php?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely a problem with file permissions. E.g. if the file is owned by root, then you get a 500 error as this is a security violation for apache suexec. Ensure that the index.php file and all other files inside the web directory are owned by the web user and client group of this website. Additionaly you should chmod the file to 755.

6. piotrczl

piotrczl New Member

Simple index.php code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

dosen't work with su-exec if I change to mod-php everything is fine and ok, but why dosen't work as fast-cgi mode ?
    file owner is user domain and wgat of course 777 privileges

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please read my post above carefully, chmod should be 755 and not 777 and the file has to be owned by the website user and client group of this website and not a user called domain or the apache user!

The detailed eason for the error can also be found in the error.log of the website.