ISPConfig 3 doesn't create the db

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vaio1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. vaio1

vaio1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi guys,

after changing the main domain from mydomain.com to mydomain.biz, ISPConfig 3 doesn't connect to the dbserver anymore in order to create/edit/delete customers databases.

All the other features work well but the managing of the database doesn't work, seems a permission problem but I have checked the mysql permission and there is the name of the new domain.

Any idea?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check the hostnames in the Hostname column of the mysql.user table.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The database hostname when ispconfig gets installed shall always be localhost (as the installer suggests). Maybe you used mydomain.com instead of localhost which causes the login problems now? Please check the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php if you used localhost or mydomain.com as database hostname.

4. vaio1

Hi guys,

ISPConfig 3 doesn't connect to the remote server in order to handle the customer databases. The master IspConfig database has been installed in the localhost during the installation setup.

Here below the config.inc.php file:

Code:
    //** Database settings for the master DB. This setting is only used in multiserver setups
    $conf['dbmaster_type']			= 'mysql';
    $conf['dbmaster_host']			= '';
    $conf['dbmaster_database']		= 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_user']			= '';
    $conf['dbmaster_password']		= '..........';

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  5. till

A setup that uses a remote mysql server for client databases is not supported by the ispconfig installer, so I guess you must have configured that manually.

Please check that the login details in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf are working.

6. vaio1

Maybe I can explain well what I would like to do.
    This is the screen that doesn't work.

Attached Files:

7. till

I'am aware that you want to create a mysql db in ispconfig. Please answer my question from above if I shall be able to help you. And creating mysql databases on a remote server which does not run ispconfig is not supported by the ispconfig installer as I explained. On a ispconfig multiserver setup (as explained in the multiserver guides), every server node inkl. a dedicated mysql server has to run a local ispconfig instance.

8. vaio1

The ISPConfig worked properly before the changing of the hostname. All customers, resellers and administrator could create the databases. After the changing of the hostnames ISPConfig doesn't handle the databases.

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf
    Code:
    <?php

$clientdb_host			= 'localhost';
    $clientdb_user			= 'root';
    $clientdb_password		= 'mypassword';

?>

I have installed ISPConfig as described in the multiserver setup pages. I have also bought the book :)

9. vaio1

Hi Till,

maybe I have found the problem.

I have edited these files:

Db Server:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib

Code:
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = 'webserver.myolddomain.com';

into

Code:
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = 'webserver.mynewdomain.com';

Mail Server:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib

Code:
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = 'webserver.myolddomain.com';

into

Code:
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = 'webserver.mynewdomain.com';

I have executed this file:

# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

and I get the connection error. I have fixed the file as described above but now I get these errors:

Code:
    PHP Deprecated:  Function call_user_method() is deprecated in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/plugins.inc.php on line 119
    PHP Deprecated:  Function call_user_method() is deprecated in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php on line 248
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/imap.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    sh: repquota: not found
    sh: repquota: not found
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    [B]finished.[/B]

How have I fix these errors? thanks for your efforts.

10. spazio

spazio Member

doesn't create the db

Greetings,

I have a some similar weird problem. This is the setup.
    Centos 6
    ispconfig 3 Version : 3.0.5.3

Was working ok, no problem for over 6 months but after centos update. ( I think this is the cause because nothing was changed on this host for over 3 month and the update was last week)

ISPconfig 3 doesn't create the mysql DB, User in mysql BUT they are listed in ISPconfig 3 interface

I found this after a db creation where I was unable to login. access denied. I went and look directly in the mysql first with phpmyadmin and then with consol. To realised that any db or user are not created there but the are listed and exist in ispconfig 3 web interface!

So I
    yum update.
    and update ispconfig3 to the latest version.
    Without any chance... The problem is still there.

I'm lost, any help would be appreciated

Spazio

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  11. myglobaldata

myglobaldata New Member

I had this problem when I configured my system with DHCP and then the IP address changed after the server was off. In a sense its the same as changing them master server hostname after the system install. You can't only change the master server hotname in the cpanel but also need to update the hosts file. To correct the issue, you simply need to do this part again:

edit:
    vi /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.0.100 server1.example.com server1 <---- fix your hostname***

now run:

echo server1.example.com > /etc/hostname
    /etc/init.d/hostname.sh start

Afterwards:

hostname
    hostname -f

This should fix your other servers in the cluster as long as their are all pointing to the updated master server in their configs.

12. Etienne V

Etienne V New Member

Hello
    Sorry to bring up a old posts, but i really get the same issues :
    I do create a DB user or DB , i can see the user or the DB in ISPConfig 3 but nothing in the Database.

I have followed the different option mentionned here, but still the same problem.

ISPConfig version is 3.0.5.4p8
    Linux version is Debian 8.3

I think the problem is following to the changement of the password of root in the Maria DB

I was executing the following commands:
    sudo service mysql stop
    sudo mysqld --skip-grant-tables &
    mysql -u root mysql
    UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('newpasswordDB') WHERE User='root'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; exit;
    sudo pkill mysqld
    sudo service mysql start​

After this i found back my previous root password in some config file mentionned here, so i change i back the password to the previous password, but i'm still stuck !

[EDIT]
    Unable to connect to the database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    I found this error, i will investigate

[EDIT2]
    No this was from previously before i get back with the first password - so i will need your help

May be someone can help me

Etienne

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  13. till

So are you able to login to mysql with host 'localhost' and also with IP '127.0.0.1' and the root password from file mysql_clientdb.conf into the MySQL server by using the mysql command?

14. Etienne V

Etienne V New Member

Hello

Thank you for your support

Sorry i was switch to some others urgent tasks, but coming back to my problem.
    I'm able to connect on localhost as well as 127.0.0.1
    command tested :
    sudo cat /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

I get the password

mysql -u root mysql -pMyPassword -h localhost

mysql -u root mysql -pMyPassword -h127.0.0.1

Both commands are working properly

Normally that should have no impact, but in case of, i'm using MariaDB (not MySQL )

Etienne

15. Etienne V

Etienne V New Member

I think but i don't know how to correct than my problem is on the file :
    config.inc.php

$conf['dbmaster_type'] = 'mysql';
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = '';
    $conf['dbmaster_database'] = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_user'] = '';
    $conf['dbmaster_password'] = 'encryptedpassword';
    $conf['dbmaster_new_link'] = false;
    $conf['dbmaster_client_flags'] = 0;

For the line with the password i assume than the password has been change twice so the value generated for the 2nd password even if the value is the same than before for us human, the system has generated a different encrypted password, how can i get this value ?

Thank you

Etienne

16. Etienne V

Etienne V New Member

Hello

I try to launch an update from the installation of ispconfig, the only think change on the config file is the password (in clear now)

But still not working

Regards

Etienne

17. till

If this file would be wrong, then you can not login to ispconfig. The password there is not related to creating databases.

The password there is never encrypted. ISPConfig just inserted there a random stringt to get a secure and long passwrd. Do not alter this password as it is used in many other fiels as well, altering it will break all services like mail, ftp and so on.

To find out why ispconfig is not able to create the database, use the ispconfig debug mode.