ISPConfig 3 cluster add mail server later

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by -crisstm-, Jun 3, 2011.

1. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

I have a cluster server with ISPConfig 3 with 2 web servers and 1 mailserver. i wondering, if i want to add later a new mail server is that possible? All my accounts and mails will be transfered to second mail server automatically or i must doing manualy. i sincro my servers with unison and work's fine. Mailserver is slave server, and i want to add a new mailserver for load balancing and HA.
    And the second name of mailserver, must be different from first, or the same?
    Can i set mailserver service and dns service on the same slave server?
    Thank's a lot!

2. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

i still waiting for an answer.please

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The data is synced automatically with unison, but not the configuration. So you either have to install the mailserver right at the beginning to get all data synced or you have to copy all records in the mail_* tables to the new slave manually at the beginning.

It has to be a different name.

4. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

Hi Till!

Thank's for reply. i understand that , it must set up the mail server at the beginning, but you told me if i added later one or more mail server i have must copy all records (i think is maill domain,accounts,mailboxes) to the slave server/s. but can you explain the procedure step by step where exactly i must copy that?
    Thank's

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Copy all records in the mail_* database tables from the current mail server to the new mail server with e.g. phpmyadmin.

6. -crisstm-

-crisstm- Banned

thank's a lot.
    Solved