ispconfig 3.1 server config mail settings

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by edwintenhaaf, Oct 23, 2016.

1. edwintenhaaf

edwintenhaaf New Member

Hello,
    I had some problems with postfix. Did some edits in master.cf and main.cf and after that I noticed that the mail settings were missing in the ispconfig gui. This gives me several errors, even after filling in the default settings the message "Uid-mapping cannot be changed if there are already mail users." keeps coming back.

Is there a way to get this working again ? Reset ?
    I cannot configure DKIM because the path is missing. Postfix is running ok now.

Thanks in advance,
    Edwin

Maildir Path is empty.
    Invalid maildir path.
    Homedir Path is empty.
    Invalid homedir path.
    Mailuser uid must be >= 2000
    Mailuser gid must be >= 2000
    Mailuser Name is empty.
    Invalid mailuser name.
    Mailuser Group is empty.
    Invalid mailuser group name.
    Uid-mapping cannot be changed if there are already mail users.

2. flyboy320

flyboy320 New Member

I did the exact same thing and now the GUI is giving me the errors above. Can anyone post the default settings from the Server Config - Mail page? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. flyboy320

flyboy320 New Member

I was able to find the default settings in the manual but when I try to save it, I still get the error:

Uid-mapping cannot be changed if there are already mail users.

I am running ISPConfig Version: 3.1.1p1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I could not find any information online about the above error.

Thanks in advance.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You enabled uid mailuser connection and this setting can not be undone after you added a mail account on the server as removing it would break the mail accounts.

5. flyboy320

flyboy320 New Member

Thanks for the reply. All I did was manually add an RBL in main.cf and the GUI started giving me the errors above. I have not created any new mailboxes in over a year. Is there a way to use the GUI again for system config - mail? I only have a couple of email accounts so deleting them and recreating them is not an issue at this time.

6. eddul

eddul New Member

I am also a victim of lost mail settings and couldn't save new ones because of uid-mapping check.
    Running (Debian Jessie) ISPConfig 3.1.1p1

My problem started after fooling around with doveadm to clear out unwanted mails from a users mailbox, could be coincidence but not much other activity on this testserver.

Looking at dbispconfig mail_user table I found that somehow that users uid and gid got changed to 0 (was 5000) and both columns maildir and homedir got emptied out. (some should-be-NULL values also got changed to empty text). This is the first mail user created on the server.
    Tried changing the values back in phpMyAdmin but no luck, they soon got messed up again.

My reverse engineering efforts made me expect to see a section for mail settings in table 'server' column 'config' but there was none on my server.

One dirty thought I got was to temporarily disable the uid-change validation in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/validate_server_mail_config.inc.php so I commented out lines 64 to 66 and was able to save some hopefully valid values!

Checked server config column and there's now a [mail] section present, corrected the corrupted users mail_user columns and tested larching some mails to it and all seems well at time of writing!

Now to figure out what caused this....... :confused:
    I reckon the missing [mail] section trigger the validation error whatever value you put in, but how did it go missing?

Long time user first time poster BTW, thanks for this wonderful piece of software! :)

7. flyboy320

flyboy320 New Member

Thanks for the info. My fix was a little more hammer and little less scalpel. As my server was due for an OS upgrade from 12.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS, so I just built a new server. The last time I did a Ubuntu OS upgrade from LTS to LTS, it was a catastrophic failure and I ended up rebuilding anyway so it all works in the end.