Ubunutu 11.10 Niginx 1.0.10 php5-fpm 5.3.8 Everything's been working perfectly for days, but I need to make a config change to the php.ini. Specifically, I need to work out why a login page is doing an endless redirect loop in nginx, where it worked fine in Apache (.htaccess is not relevant here). Here's what I put in the php.ini config section in ISPC: Code: date.timezone = "UTC" error_reporting = "E_ALL"; display_errors = On display_startup_errors = Off [COLOR="Red"]log_errors = On[/COLOR] ignore_repeated_errors = Off ignore_repeated_source = Off error_log = error_log post_max_size = 28M session.gc_maxlifetime = 604800 upload_max_filesize = 28M and here's what appears in the php5 pool.d/web1.conf file: Code: php_admin_value[date.timezone] = "UTC" php_admin_value[error_reporting] = "E_ALL"\; php_admin_flag[display_errors] = off php_admin_flag[display_startup_errors] = off [COLOR="red"]php_admin_flag[log_errors] = off[/COLOR] php_admin_flag[ignore_repeated_errors] = off php_admin_flag[ignore_repeated_source] = off php_admin_value[error_log] = error_log php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 28M php_admin_value[session.gc_maxlifetime] = 604800 php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 28M Notice how the "on" has become "off" and the case changed? But more than that, it doesn't restart php5-fpm, so those values don't "take". By going into a shell and issuing "service php5-fpm restart", then it works. If I manually make than change in the file, then it WILL stick, but then of course it's out of synch with ISPC control panel, so as soon as I make another change, it gets overwritten. Phew! But I also noticed when I restart php5-fpm after making a change, or leaving it for a few minutes, that it takes about 30 seconds to restart. But when I do it straight after the restart, it's instant. I watched free and top in another window, and it wasn't running out of memory. In case it matters, following multiple articles about managing fpm on vps with limited memory, I made the following changes in ISPC which look like this in the log: Code: pm = dynamic pm.max_children = 4 pm.start_servers = 1 pm.min_spare_servers = 1 pm.max_spare_servers = 2 This is actually perfectly adequate for my needs, and greatly reduced the fpm footprint - I only have 2 sites anyway. And finally.... phpinfo says the error log is in /usr/error_log - seeing as I've got reporting turned to "all", and when I put it to display errors I get loads, I'm surprised to see the error log doesn't even exist.