ISPConfig 2.2.24 errors: The requested document type does not exist.

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by FractalizeR, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. FractalizeR

    FractalizeR New Member

    Hello.

    I have error pages:
    Code:
    The following error occurred:  	
    The requested document type does not exist.
    
    when accessing some (not all) ISPConfig menu items:
    • New reseller (Management)
    • New client (Management)
    • Hosting plan
    • New Master
    • New Slave (DNS)
    • New item (Invoice)

    Strange, that for example, New site and new folder (on Management) opens successfully.
    Apache errorlog is empty (/root/ispconfig/httpd/logs/error_log):
    Code:
    [Mon Aug 25 20:58:13 2008] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Mon Aug 25 20:58:13 2008] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
    [Mon Aug 25 21:00:15 2008] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server www.example.com:81, client 192.168.220.1) (OpenSSL library error follows)
    [Mon Aug 25 21:00:15 2008] [error] OpenSSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
    [
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    This error occurs e.g. when you updated ISPConfig and the update failed or you updated or changed mysql. Please make sure that mysql uses a latin1 encoding for the database and tables of the ispconfig database.

    Update:

    Ok, I just saw your other post and this explains the problem.

    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26279

    ISPConfig does not spport UTF8 as table type.
     
  3. FractalizeR

    FractalizeR New Member

    I will try tonight. I don't think this happened on updating ISPConfig. MySQL always create tables with it's default charset, if you don't specify the one you need manually. So that happened :) All ISPConfig tables seem to have utf8 charset instead of latin1.

    But I think this should be resolved on ISPConfig installation. It can be resolved easily by adding CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci to each CREATE TABLE SQL statement in db_ispconfig.sql to override MySQL defaults. Otherwise, every customer who has a MySQL default charset different from latin1 will have these problems.
     
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  4. FractalizeR

    FractalizeR New Member

    I have tried both converting current tables to latin1 and recreating database from db_ispconfig.sql dump having explicitly selected there latin1 charset. I still have The requested document type does not exist.
     
  5. till

    till Super Moderator

    Converting wont work as the data is already messed up. Please set your complete mysql database to latin1 and then run the ispconfig update again. Aditionally, the database can not be recreated from the dump manually, the dump has to be inserted by the ISPConfig installer.
     
  6. FractalizeR

    FractalizeR New Member

    Ok. Thank you very much for your patience. Problem has been now solved

    The reason was simple: mysql default charset different from latin1. That's why installation completed successfully, but was corrupted.

    To solve, I added
    Code:
    default-character-set=latin1
    line to /etc/my.cnf and restarted MySQL. After I installed ISPConfig again.

    Please prepend [Solved] to the title of this post.
    Thank you.
     

Share This Page