ISPCFG3 and its template files

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ovidiu, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I have followed this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-s...n-6.0-with-bind-dovecot-and-nginx-ispconfig-3

I'm planning on only hosting Wordpress so I need to make some changes to the php5-fpm templates that get applied to each vhost and am not sure where these templates are located and if I can simply edit them and if they will get replaced with the next ISPCFG update or if there is another way of permanently committing my changes?

Is there a place where I can find documentation on where these "internal" templates and such are located?

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

All template files for conig files are in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/and mofified templates have to be copied to the fonf-custom directory so the dont get overwritten.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Thanks. I had meanwhile found another thread mentioning this but am not sure how this works: I don't want to add additional code but lets say remove or change the templates so if I copy over one of the templates into the conf-custom folder will they take precedence and "over-rule" an original template inside the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/ folder?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that's right.