1. Hi All
    I have gone through the whole The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 13.04 (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) install document about 3 times
    I ran into trouble with Apache modules that are no longer supported and Ruby needed to be installed using alternate methods.
    In first 2 runs Squirrel came up right and port 8080 tuned up JAVA Tomcat works fine page (still does). Last run I changes the port to 8088 and still nothing came up, so I commented out the SSL in the vhost file for ISPCONFIG
    # SSL Configuration
    # SSLEngine On
    # SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    # SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key
    #SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.bundle

This how ever results in squirrel displaying on port 8088.

I would appreciate if any one can point me to where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks Stefan

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi stefan,

currently ISPConfig is not compatible with the 13.10 version.
    This is mainly due to the changes in apache 2.4 that ships with the update.
    Please do not upgrade to this new ubuntu version when you are using ISPConfig until a new ISPConfig release with added compatibility is announced.

3. jimmie

jimmie Member

what is not compatible, I did the upgrade and made the Changes. And all seem well Here.

4. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is not yet capable of handling apache 2.4 syntax, so it will break your config sooner or later.

5. Thank you Croydon
    What would you recommend as course of action for me, I'm building an new server that is intended for hosting eCommece amongst other tasks,
    Should I wait for the ISPconfig update ?
    Or start all over, go get the server from the data centre and build it again from ground up with an older version of server OS and Apache?
    Is there any projected time frame for this upgrade to ISPconfig?

All the best
    Stefan

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend to use Debian 7 instead of Ubuntu, Debian is the recommended and most stable Linux distribution for ISPconfig. If you really want to use Ubuntu, then use 13.04 instead of 13.10 and update later to 13.10.

We will add apache 2.4 support in ISPConfig, but this may take some time as many things have to be changed.