ISP Config multiserver (Web & DB) question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Spawnsworth, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth New Member

Hi all,

I have an ISP Config Web server and a separate DB server. Currently, the sites on the web server are using the DBs on the DB server (duh).

The problem is, the databases in the ISP Config admin appear to be null and void. When I create databases they do not appear in the live environment. The only way I have been able to get this working is through the mysql command line on the DB server.

In short, how do I link the DB and web servers so that databases in ISP Config are in use rather than the backend command line databases?

I should also point out that this is in a fully live environment so I can't do anything too wreckless unless absolutely necessary.

Hope you can help. Please let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks,

spawnsworth

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth New Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I get the following after running debug (replaced IP with xx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1129): Host 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 62
    DB::__construct Host 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1129): Host 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72
    DB::__construct Host 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1129): Host 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72

I'm just very cautious that running 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' on the DB server will affect the live DBs.

The DBs that were set up on ISP Config do not appear on the live DB server when connecting via phpMyAdmin. Is it safe to run 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' on the DB server?

Thanks again

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It should be save as long as the live db's are not the ones that you created in ispconfig as ispconfig will start to create databases and users when it is able to get the history of missing config steps again from the master.

5. Spawnsworth

Spawnsworth New Member

Fantastic. Thanks for your help. I'll give this a try and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

spawnsworth