ISP, Cluster setup, load balancers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Adamski, May 31, 2012.

1. Adamski

Adamski New Member

Hi all,

I've been thinking about my little clustered setup for a while and I think I've nailed it how I want it but I just wanted to check some little bits that I'm unsure on.

I have been googling and searching and *think* I've read everything related but apologies if I've managed to miss something really obvious :)

My setup is going to exist of 6 servers (VMs):

Load balancer linked to two web servers
    SSH/SFTP server running GlusterFS as the client which syncs to the two web servers
    DB server
    Mail Server
    and the two web servers

Questions are:

1. Will ISPConfig work with the load balancer and SSH server. I'm pretty sure it will because all servers will be running ubuntu. Mainly I'm thinking about whether ISPConfig will know that the SSH server should have only ssh users and home directories setup?
    2. Will it work with the load balancer, i.e. will it know to add the right vhost information, ssl certificates, etc, where necessary.
    3. I can't decide whether it would make sense to have ISPConfig on it's own server or just use on of the web servers (set them up as master, slave and then add slaves as/if necessary)?

I'm trying to make sure I only need to do things once! I'll be following this how to.

Thanks for any pointers :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Adamski

Adamski New Member

Thanks till - that's a much better one (and have read it!). It uses unison and a cron. Have you any experience using FSniper to watch the directories rather than a cron so it's instigated anytime a new file is uploaded, edited?

Should add I'm going to use nginx over Apache but understand ISPConfig is quite content with that :)
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I havent used fsniper yet. It should not make much difference if you use nginx or apache, just use the nginx setuppart of one of the perfect server guides instead of the apache setup of the cluster tutorial.