Is there a bug in the left menu in 3.0.3.3?

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by MacGoose, May 9, 2011.

  1. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    I wonder since I can't find any reference to a bug in the left menu. But are the left menu in 3.0.3.3 buggy? The headers and the clickable items look the same and it makes it hard to tell them apart.

    Is this a bug or a feature - or is it only me?

    , MacGoose
     
  2. otacon

    otacon New Member

    I have had no issues with the sidebar of any tabs in version 3.0.3.3, but if you have a specific one I could test it on my server to verify if there is a bug or not.
     
  3. edge

    edge Active Member Moderator

    Headers are "bold" for me, and when clicked it shows the 1st "clickable" menu option under the selected header.

    IE: When clicking the "bold" header "Apps & Addons" (under System) it will show me "Repository".
    Repositories is the 1st option in the "Apps & Addons", and when clicked it will also show me "Repository".
     
  4. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    See the attachment for a view of how my left menu looks like. The headers are still there but they look like clickable items. This is for all my tabs. I simply upgraded from 3.0.2.2 using the command line as stated in the howto.

    I'm holding back on upgrading ISPConfig on my production server until I figure this out.

    , MacGoose
     

    Attached Files:

  5. edge

    edge Active Member Moderator

    That does not look right!

    This is now my menu looks like:

    [​IMG]

    It's version 3.0.3.3, but it's always been like this
     
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  6. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Hmm. I had a left menu as that before upgrading. I've never had those fancy tabs with graphics though. I've seen them, but always wondered why I don't have them. This is on both my servers - test and production. They are basically the same. Ubuntu 10.04 setup with the perfect server howto.

    Anyway. To sum it up:

    * I've never had the graphics tabs on my servers running 3.0.2.2
    * And after updating my test server to 3.0.3.3 my left menu is as shown earlier.

    Any ideas as to why? Is it my Perfect server Ubuntu 10.04 setup?

    , MacGoose
     
  7. edge

    edge Active Member Moderator

    Login (as admin) on ISPconfig, and go to: System > Edit user > admin, and set Design to default

    Now logout and in again... With a bit of luck you will have the graphics.
     
  8. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Thanx, now I found the graphics tabs. But they don't look good as seen in my attachment. I'm thinking this is a faulty css file or something. And the left menu is still the same.

    Is there a way to rapair the ISPConfig installation?

    , MacGoose
     

    Attached Files:

  9. edge

    edge Active Member Moderator

    Are you maybe running somekind of firewall on the client PC what could be blocking the css?
    Does it look the same on an other PC?
     
  10. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Thanx! I didn't try a different computer but a different browser. Using IE and everything looks great. Must be Chrome that has some issues...

    , MacGoose
     
  11. otacon

    otacon New Member

    Ah so it is some kind of compatibility issue with chrome... give me a couple of moments and I can verify.. just need to download it.
     
  12. otacon

    otacon New Member

    Nope google chrome looks fine on my computer.


    Try my website just to verify the issue is server specific. remcycle.net:8080

    username testing605 pass test


    This will be deleted in 5 days
     
  13. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    There is no such bug known in ispconfig and I can not reproduce this on my systems. Did you create a custom theme or changed any of the css files or templates in ISPConfig.
     
  14. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Man this is so my fault. I totally forgot that I set my Chrome to be a developer version. I think it is safe to say any problems here is due to that. Though it did look ok in 3.0.2.2, when upgrading to 3.0.3.3 something didn't work with the dev version of Chrome.

    I can say the dev version of Chrome is so good I haven't noticed any problems until now. And that is with it being my main browser.

    , MacGoose
     
  15. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Nevermind. I now updated my production server and even with IE the problem is there. Dunno what I did earlier to get it to work on my test server though...

    , MacGoose
     
  16. MacGoose

    MacGoose New Member

    Problem solved. Using even another new browser as Firefox and it looked ok again. The thing is that all the browsers used the cached styles from the old ISPConfig. Clearing all history/cache/etc from the browsers and now they all look great.

    Why the browsers didn't notice that the style file was new and instead loaded the cache is for someone else to figure out. But the same thing happened for Chrome and IE.

    Maybe a hint as to when updating ISPConfig you might have to clear the cache is needed for future reference...

    , MacGoose
     
: bug menu

Share This Page