Is my ISPConfig APS installer now dead??

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rikski, Nov 29, 2016.

  1. Rikski

    Rikski New Member

    Hi,

    Hope someone can throw some light on this.

    With an older version of ISPconfig (pre-3.1) - the APS installer use to work, but since updating to 3.1 and 3.1.1p1 - it just appears dead when trying to install wordpress, joomla (which use to work).

    I complete all necessary fields and am then taken to the installed APS list - but does not show a new install in progress (like it use to) and no new files within the website either!?.

    My ISPConfig is running on Centos 7.2, but even when I turn on debug and stop cronjob and execute manually - I get no real diagnostics.

    This use to be so useful for me and would speed up installation of wordpress on a website no end.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Rikski
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    There are no known problems with the aps installer in 3.1. No installation candidate get's added in the aps installed apps list?
     
  3. Rikski

    Rikski New Member

    No nothing at all, and no debug output - any idea where I can start to fault find what is going on?
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Compare the layout of the aps* tables in the ispconfig database ith the ones from the install/sql/ispconfig3.sql file from ispconfig tar.gz file, maybe a column is missing. And run a check and repair in phpmyadmin on the tables to ensure that none of the tables is crashed.
     
  5. Rikski

    Rikski New Member

    Thanks Til,

    After making a backup then dropping the aps* tables and recreating (blank) tables from a cut-down import from the original .sql file and rerunning update packagelist. Although I can select the package to install it never succeeds in installing - installation candidate does not get added in the aps installed apps list.

    Can you suggest any lines of code I could add to "aps_install_package.php" to help me diagnose the problem?
    (as from what I can see there are no debug lines within that section of code at present - so no debug info would be created?).

    I have now restored the backup sql (that I created before editing) as it does not appear to be this that is causing the issue.
     
  6. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Yes, unfortunately, this code part is missing debug infos. My guess is that a sql query must fail. So you might try to set "public $show_error_messages = true;" in the mysql class in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/ to see if you get any errors or warnings. It might be necessary to add a die at the end of the aps file that you are debugging to prevet that it redirects you to another page so you can't see any errors on the screen.
     
  7. lars.s

    lars.s New Member

    I'm currently testing ISPConfig and have exactly the same problem. I noticed that this happens more often if a customer has Let's Encrypt enabled. Maybe this is a clue to what the problem is? It could also just be a coincidence. It works just normally for some customers, while for others it doesn't. Something which might also be related:
    I'm currently using ISPConfig in a multiserver setup (1 management node for the control panel, 1 db node, 1 hosting node, 1 mail node) and the database for APS apps is (if the installation actually starts) always created on the management node although the selected DB server for the customer is different.

    Any ideas? Thank you.
     
  8. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Not easy to say but I guess the letsencrypt thing is a coincidence. And you do not get a record at all for the started aps installs in the installed packages list like the first poster?
     
  9. lars.s

    lars.s New Member

    No, for the customers where it isn't working I start the installation and get redirected to an empty list of APS instances. I can see however that there is a job in the queue for Changing the websites settings ("Webseiten Einstellungen ändern") EDIT: This just seems to set the correct PHP settings, trying it again won't add this job to the queue.
    For other customers it works just fine

    EDIT 2: But looking at it, this really seems to have something to do with the Lets Encrypt option. It doesnt matter, whether the customer activated it, just that it is available to him...
     
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  10. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Please add a report to the bugtracker so we can try to reproduce it on our test servers. I tested aps as admin yesterday and it worked fine, but maybe it is just a client UI related problem.
     

Share This Page