Is my ISPConfig APS installer now dead??

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rikski, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM.

1. Rikski

Rikski New Member

Hi,

Hope someone can throw some light on this.

With an older version of ISPconfig (pre-3.1) - the APS installer use to work, but since updating to 3.1 and 3.1.1p1 - it just appears dead when trying to install wordpress, joomla (which use to work).

I complete all necessary fields and am then taken to the installed APS list - but does not show a new install in progress (like it use to) and no new files within the website either!?.

My ISPConfig is running on Centos 7.2, but even when I turn on debug and stop cronjob and execute manually - I get no real diagnostics.

This use to be so useful for me and would speed up installation of wordpress on a website no end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rikski

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are no known problems with the aps installer in 3.1. No installation candidate get's added in the aps installed apps list?

3. Rikski

Rikski New Member

No nothing at all, and no debug output - any idea where I can start to fault find what is going on?

4. till

Compare the layout of the aps* tables in the ispconfig database ith the ones from the install/sql/ispconfig3.sql file from ispconfig tar.gz file, maybe a column is missing. And run a check and repair in phpmyadmin on the tables to ensure that none of the tables is crashed.

5. Rikski

Rikski New Member

Thanks Til,

After making a backup then dropping the aps* tables and recreating (blank) tables from a cut-down import from the original .sql file and rerunning update packagelist. Although I can select the package to install it never succeeds in installing - installation candidate does not get added in the aps installed apps list.

Can you suggest any lines of code I could add to "aps_install_package.php" to help me diagnose the problem?
    (as from what I can see there are no debug lines within that section of code at present - so no debug info would be created?).

I have now restored the backup sql (that I created before editing) as it does not appear to be this that is causing the issue.

6. till

Yes, unfortunately, this code part is missing debug infos. My guess is that a sql query must fail. So you might try to set "public $show_error_messages = true;" in the mysql class in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/ to see if you get any errors or warnings. It might be necessary to add a die at the end of the aps file that you are debugging to prevet that it redirects you to another page so you can't see any errors on the screen.