iptables PREROUTING on ISPC3 and OpenVZ

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by eko_taas, Nov 14, 2012.

1. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

System: Debian Squeeze (node+VMs) + OpenVZ + 2xISPC3 (, one VM-node and ISPC3 others) close to HowTos
    (all with default ports)
    All good on intranet... but.....

Long time back I started to use Pre-routing for external ports to have 2+ (physical) machines running under same IP:

Now I have tried to replicate idea to VMs, but phasing interesting :eek: problem - OpenVZ seems to forward my request to wrong IP (always node).

- ADSL-Router Port forward
    5000-5099 => 192.168.xxx.1 (node)
    5100-5199 => 192.168.xxx.2 (1st VM for ISPC3)

My idea was to Pre-route ports to original at high level (Node Firewall pre-chain), so I added to Node's firewall /etc/Bastille/firewall.d/pre-chain-split.sh test rules as root:

and then restarted firewall
    Now on client, all OK with
    but when
    no success. but I changing user name
    i.e. I logged in to Node, not to Server

Same for ISPConfig3-console, all https://example.com:5103 (ment for Server goes to Node).

I tried to look into OpenVZ-wiki, but could not find yet Pre-routing advice
    Also if I go ahead with "Setting up a HN-based firewall"-way, any special things I have to consider due ISPC3? Obviously VM-conf:s have to be cerated manually (which I wanted to avoid by using above shortcut).
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, ispconfig does not setup or manage iptables except of the bastille firewall script which is a simpleport based firewall (and is disabled by default) and fail2ban which uses iptables to block attacks.
  3. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

still can´t get it running

Getting bit desperate, have tried to look thru several HowTo with google, but most of the talking about CTs without IP (which I have, but only one public-IP, thus redirect needed to use several servers for same (isolated) service)

e.g. http://www.linuxweblog.com/blogs/sandip/20101017/redirect-ports-inside-openvz-containers
    (instead of "/etc/sysconfig/vz" edited "/etc/vz/vz.conf" with similar line
    Also OpenVZ wiki looked thru....

Now (even if I tried to return all to org), pre-chain-split.sh does not forward eveno to node
    Has anyone found good HowTo / wiki to solve this? Any help would be appreciated...