IPCOP Firewall, need your help accessing multiple computers on my network

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mechanicalmetal, Jun 28, 2008.

1. mechanicalmetal

mechanicalmetal New Member

Hey guys,

I am brand spanking new to the forum, but I have been here many many times so welcome all!

Heres what I am attempting to accomplish. I have a dell p3 356mb mem, 60gb hdd 2 NIC RED/GREEN ETH0/ETH1 3com nic cards. I have my internet gateway plugged strait into my ipcop box, then out to a dell powerswitch to network my win xp box, and my ubuntu desktop machine, and soon for my wlan and a compaq proliant server (When I get my problems resolved). These are basically my tech specs, and if you need more details, I can provide no problem.

I am basically wanting to know if any of you guys have used IPCop, and if you have, I am wanting to figure out how to access my computers on my network remotely.

I do have Zerina installed on my IPCop box for OpenVPN, and I am actually able to remote access my IPCop box from anywhere I go in the world. I am wanting to set it up where I can also access my other computers on my network remotely as well. All of my computers have a SET IP address coming from my IPCop box, but I can't figure out how to login, or connect to my other machines. I unfortunitly am very new with networking/firewalls, but know my hardware and catch on pretty quick. I have read quite a few threads that told me I need to setup DynDNS.org account, and enable port forwarding ETC. I did setup an account with DYNDNS, and played with port forwarding, but I am lost on where to go next.

Can someone please advise?

Thank you so much!!!!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. mechanicalmetal

Man, thanks so much for the information! I did get DynDNS setup and all, but I just dont know how to get to my other computers.

On IPCOP I have 2 computers setup on a fixed lease:

Ones a winxp machine, and the other is ubuntu. Where do I go to type in my ip addresses so that I can access these machines?

I read the guides, and they were VERY helpful, but they don't tell me how to access my machines now :/

Im sorry to be such an idiot man, im just new to all of this :(

Take care,

4. mechanicalmetal

I mean't, where do I go to access my machines remotely? I have openVPN installed and setup great! Im able to access my firewall remotely, but not my other machines :(

Do I use internet explorer from my remote machine or what?
  5. mechanicalmetal

Any ideas?
  6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Unfortunately no... :eek: