Interface config

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ivebe, May 15, 2012.

1. ivebe

ivebe New Member

I've read the manual, I've been googling and I've been looking through the forum, but I can't find an answer to our following problem.

Is it possible to use other tags than [CLIENTID] or [CLIENTNAME] in the interface config for the database and user prefix?
    We would like to use [USERID] or [USERNAME] but that doesn't seem to be working. You get:
    Why would we like that? We're a college and we have several teachers giving webdesign or webjournalism. We like the teacher to be the client and all of his students to have a website 'under' him. That was our set-up in ISPconfig 2 and it was very practical to easily identify which student belonged to which teacher. We have some scripts connected with AD and distribution lists so the teacher can easily provide the webspace for his students and the names of the websites and users are all automatically generated. Project websites are made manually and come under the client "ICT".

Is there a way to do this, or is it completely out of the question?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Right now, the only supported prefixes are [CLIENTNAME], [CLIENTID], and [DOMAINID].

3. ivebe

ivebe New Member

Thank you. The [DOMAINID]-tag does help me for the FTP-users, but because the databases are linked to a client and not to a domain, I remain in a bit of pickle on that front.
    The FTP-users are a lot more important though and that's solved. I can figure out a loophole to make the database name structure work for me, it'll just involve a bit more administration.

Are there any plans to implement more prefix-possibilities in the future?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer