Installing Drupal 7.9 with linux

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Bcraven, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Bcraven

Bcraven New Member

Hi there, sorry if I'm in the wrong forum / topic / frame of mind etc for this question, but I'm going to take a shot at it anywho.

I'm new to many things web based, I'm very new to the wonders of linux (Ubuntu) which I find astounding, and have installed Wordpress and Opencart successfully on a windows terminal before.

My problem comes with installing Drupal on here, I'm using fireftp as my client, unpacking went fine, my database is hosted on, which supports sql and php, my problem occurs during the installation process online '.com/drupal-7.9/install.php', which tells me the following error:

"Failed to connect to your database server. The server reports the following message: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'a5649649_craven1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)." :confused:

I created the database, user and password specifically for this install, Ive given files writable permissions and tried many variations of login details.

Sorry for the amateur approach, but any light shed on this topic would be greatly appreciated!
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you have shell or phpMyAdmin access? Does your MySQL login work there?
  3. Bcraven

Bcraven New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'm running phpmyadmin, works fine, I've made multiple databases with tables that I've queried before
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

And the same login does not work for Drupal? Does the password have any special characters?