Installation without replicate db servers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tucanit, Jan 24, 2011.

1. tucanit

tucanit New Member

Hi. I'm installing a multiserver setup and I would like to know if it's possible to not install a slave mysql server in each server replacing each instance of database server by a ssh tunnel, so that when a php script connects to localhost:3306, is really connecting to the masterserver:3306.
    The main reason for this type of installation are avoid clear mysql traffic over Internet.

Do you think this configuration would work? Other alternatives?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator

This will not work. It is required that every slave has its own mysql instance for ispconfig. But mysql suppports ssl encrypted connections of its own as far as I know.

3. tucanit

tucanit New Member

Ok. Thanks Till. And last, what are the mininums required privileges that must be set to the 'slaves' users?

The REPLICATION privilege only would work?

GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO 'user'@'host' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' REQUIRE X509;

4. till

till Super Moderator

ISPConfig uses its own replication for its internal databases, so do not activate mysql replication for them or the system will fail as this would cause conflicting records if every record gets replicated in two different ways. There is no mysql replication needed for ispconfig. If you want to install a multiserver system, just follow the multiserver guide:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...tabase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3

5. tucanit

tucanit New Member

Sorry but the installation script does not asks for a port to connect, and so we can not stablish a tunnel using ssh, and I doubt that php code from ispconfig can stsblish a secure connection. How can we achieve a secure connection in that case? Thanks