How to transform global maildrop rule to global sieve rule

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vistree, Aug 20, 2016.

1. vistree

vistree Member

Hi,
    I installed a new ispconfig 3 server on Debian 8 (Jessie) together and migrated from an oder server.
    On the old server I used postfix, courier and maildrop.
    The new one is build with dovecot.
    Everything works besides ONE problem: on the old server I created a global maildrop rule in
    /var/vmail/.mailfilter
    There, below the line
    `echo $SIZE >> /var/vmail/$HOST/$USER/ispconfig_mailsize`
    }
    I inserted a cutom rule to deliver mails for defined hosts to a second mailsystem (Zarafa)
    if ( $HOST eq "my-domain1.de" || $HOST eq "my-domain2.de" || $HOST eq "my-domain3.de" )
    {
    `user=vmail /usr/bin/zarafa-dagent $RECIPIENT`
    }

Is there any way to transform this global rule to a sieve rule? I don't want to create local sieve rules everytime a new user mail inbox is created ....

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

I believe you can configure dovecot's sieve to run external commands but it won't do so out of the box for security reasons. Is there a reason it has to be in a sieve rule? If not, I would handle it at the postfix level - create a transport to run zarafa-dagent in master.cf, then set those domains to use that transport (which can be done in manual postfix config or in ispconfig gui under Email > Mail Routing).

3. vistree

vistree Member

Hi Jesse,
    thanx for your reply. Yes, doing it at postfix level would be much better! But is it possible to have multiple transports? I need to keep the official ispconfig virtual_transport and add an extra one for zarafa. Do you have an example (link) for this kind of configuration?

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

Yes, postfix defines and uses multiple transports out of the box, and ispconfig adds a few more, you're certainly able to add some custom ones. If a message is sent to multiple recipients and some should deliver with one transport, while others with a different transport, postfix will sort it out and send things where they need to go.

Get your new master.cf entry defined/tested if needed (http://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Postfix_multiserver_setup says zarafa-dagent has an lmtp service, so you may not need to do anything at all), then under Email Routing you add the transports, eg. domain my-domain1.de, type custom, destination lmtp:localhost:2003

5. vistree

vistree Member

Hi Jesse,
    thanx again! I will try to figure out how to set this up with postfix transport maps!