How to set site(s) listening on customized ports ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Keoz, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

*** MY ENVIRONMENT ***
    Machine : remote VPS SSD 2
    OS distro : Ubuntu 18.04
    Cpanel : ISPConfig 3.1
    Web server : Apache 2.4

I wish to install AzuraCast webradio server that’s domain name is e.g. “streaming.mydomain.com“, but it can only be installed via ssh command lines, and the process allows to automatically set Let’s Encrypt on customized ports (e.g. 82 and 8082), so that its default ones, 80 and 443, can’t conflict with default ISPConfig configuration (Apache2.4 already listening on ports 80 and 443).

I then firstly allowed ports 82 and 8082 from under the firewall tab !

But if I install AzuraCast webradio server through a path matching with ISPConfig configuration e.g. /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/azuracast, how shall ISPConfig behave by default :
    • does it apply the AzuraCast ports customization (82 and 8082) ?
    • or does it override Azuracst ports customization, bringing ports 82 and 8082 back to 80 and 443 ?
    Whatever happens, if afterward a site for AzuraCast is set from ISPConfig panel, could I constrain it to individually listen on ports 82 and 8082 (without conflicting with other site(s) listening on ports 80 and 443) ?

If yes, how can get this done :

• from panel, maybe through some directives settings ?
    • Or via ssh command lines in terminal ?
    • MORE OVER : if not set during ssh installation, can Lest'encrypt for AzuraCast be set afterward from ISPConfig panel ?
    If no : should I install AzuraCast through default path var/www/html...., rather than through path matching ISPConfig configuration ?

Regards

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The only problem I see if you use docker to install this AzuraCast as I don't docker is compatible with ISPConfig environment.

I would suggest you to try using ansible method though that is not officially supported anymore as the method seems friendly to ISPConfig.

Changes of ports may not be necessary if it is ISPConfig friendly / compatible.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well, I may be wrong as re-reading a thread in here says using ISPConfig inside a docker container may not be advisable but using it inside ISPConfig may be otherwise.

There is also a thread (issue) in github which seems to suggest a proxy approach that can work with ISPConfig except may be for Web DJ web socket issue.

Do dig up to learn further as not many of us use docker, so we are lacking knowledge and experience about it.