How to re-install ispconfig3?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Taleman, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Taleman

Taleman Member

I upgraded Debian 6 with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 to Debian Wheezy. The Debian upgrade rewrote configuration files, but I did not find a way to run the ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 installer again. It refuses to run and says ISPConfig is already installed.
    I got around this by installing the latest ISPConfig, namely version 3.1.1p1. This created the configuration files again, and all seems to work (except webmail with roundcube, but noticed it just now and did not troubleshoot yet).
    I would have preferred to keep the older ISPConfig, since this is a multiserver setup and I was not planning to upgrade the master just yet.
    Is there a way to get ISPConfig to rerun the installation or configuration step to get the configuration files? I was also going to remove mydns and install bind9, but that would also require running the ISPConfig installer to get the name service configured to use bind.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Te instructiosn on how to run an ispconfig manually are listed in the relaese notes of every ISPConfig version. see e.g. here: http://www.ispconfig.org/blog/ispconfig-3-1-1p1-released/

3. Taleman

Taleman Member

But doing
    php -q install.php
    just shows
    ISPConfig 3 installation found. Please use update.php instead if install.php to update the installation.
    end exits back to shell prompt.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The instructions that I linked tell you to run update.php and not install.php :)