How to forward incoming email to multiple users?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JohnnyBeGood, Nov 7, 2013.

1. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

Hi all,

This should be pretty easy to do but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Here's what I'm trying to do.
    Under "Email Mailbox" I created [email protected] I want all email that come in to be forwarded to [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

If I add more then 1 email under "Send copy to" I get this error:
    Code:
    ERROR

The -Send copy to- field does not contain a valid email address

Email forward option tells me that [email protected] already exists.
    Code:
    ERROR

There is already a mailbox with this email address

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

you want to keep the sales email box also?

If not, delete it, create a mail forward and there you can forward to several other email addresses.

You could then also create a sales_archive email box which will also be on th forwarding list so that you still have one email box with all emails going to sales.

3. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

Thanks for the reply!
    Yes, I do want to keep sales email box how else I can setup account on each users computer? When account is setup using ie. Windows Live Mail then they could reply to all emails that come in to [email protected].

If I set new sales_archive email box then when someoen replies it would come from [email protected] correct?

I'm just trying to understand how all of this works.

4. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You can use any of your existing mail addresses (even ones that are forwards only) as sender address with the login credentials of your mailbox.

5. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

I just realized that in my case I think I should just setup SMTP accounts in Window Live Mail on each user computer and avoid forward option completely.
    Problem starts when I want reply to incoming email from [email protected] since they're forwarded to other email domains it just won't work for me.

later on I would like to add maybe notification type email to mobile cell phone, does anyone knows how to add more then one email to "Send copy to" ?

Attached Files:

6. sjau

I still don't understand what you try to achieve.

7. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

I have 3 different people working in the office each week.
    So, when email comes in it goes to [email protected] and I wanted to forward those emails to each ones individual email address but the problem is that when person#1 replies to a email on the other end they will see that email came from [email protected] and not from [email protected]
    Did I explain my self better this time?
    Thanks!

8. sjau

Why not let everyone use the [email protected] email account directly? With IMAP the mails are being synced between email client and server...

9. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

That's what I realized :)
    I didn't know that imap does sync across the board. How do you enable/setup that?

10. sjau

just in your email client when you setup an account be sure to select IMAP. Also in ISPC on the individual email account you can set to disable POP3 (which I usually do so that not by accident someone uses POP3).

The difference is with POP3 the emails are downloaded from the server and stored on the client that access it at that time. When you access it from multiple clients, then each client will only have a subset of all emails.

With IMAP the emails stay on the server and each client just syncs the messages.

Attached Files:

11. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Member

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I will try it out tomorrow and post back here.