How to disable stats folder creation in web

Discussion in 'General' started by gkovacs, Aug 9, 2018.

1. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

We are using git to keep websites updated that are managed under ISPConfig, and git needs an empty web/ folder to run without errors. Unfortunately, ISPConfig recreates the web/stats/ folder every time the site configuration is updated, even though we set the web statistics program to "None" under the site statistics tab.

Is there any way to effectively disable the automatic recreation of the stats/ folder (especially when it's not even being used)? I would hate to create a cronjob for this...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is your ISPConfig up to date, 3.1.12?

3. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

I'm not sure how to check ISPConfig version (monitor page says 3.1dev), but I have just updated ISPConfig with the ispconfig_update.sh script to make sure we are running the latest stable version.

4. till

Does the folder still get recreated after you did that update? I thought we addressed that issue already in one of the last few updates.

5. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

Yes, unfortunately the latest ISPConfig stable (version 3.1.12) still recreates the stats/ folder inside web, regardless of the webstatistics program setting set to "None". Please fix this if possible!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  6. till

Ok, then I'll have a look at this for the next release.

7. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

I have just updated ISPConfig to 3.1.13 today, unfortunately the stats folder is still recreated every time I update a website, regardless of the webstatistics program setting set to "None". Is there anything else I need to do to prevent this folder from being created inside web?

Can we expect this issue to be solved in the near future, or should we find another solution?

8. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

Hey @till , is this going to get fixed sometime?