How to disable sendmail only for customer websites?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by emanuelebruno, Dec 17, 2013.

1. emanuelebruno

emanuelebruno New Member

Hi all,
    in a previous post http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64323
    I asked help for disabling PHPMAIL .

Now I need to disable SENDMAIL because somebody perhaps used his CMS to send spam.

I tryed to override php configuration for disabling "sendmail function" by renaming the default value to "sendmail.disabled" but it doesn't work... any other idea?

Can anybody help me?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely the cms uses exec, passthru or similar functions from php to execute the sendmail command. So ou will have to disable all exec like functions in php to prevent that the cms uses this way to send emails.

3. emanuelebruno

emanuelebruno New Member

I have an ISPConfig 3.0.5.2 installed in Ubuntu 12.04 (I have followed this guide : http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.04-lts-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3 )

How should I proceed? I want to confirm that I have to disable SENDMAIL to customers only...

4. Typhon

Typhon New Member

Yes !
    It should work (adapted it!)
    Code:
    disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,symlink,shell_exec,exec,proc_close,proc_open,popen,system,dl,passthru,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,allow_url_fopen,allow_url_include,posix_getpwuid,fsockopen,pfsockopen,socket_connect

(/!\ it also disables PHP proxy usage (Like PHProxy...‎) and some upload scripts /!\)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013