How to ad a txt record in ispconfig3 dns

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by spikes, Nov 9, 2009.

  1. spikes

    spikes New Member

    I am trying to ad a txt record for DKIM. Please help me.

    1. I click to ad the txt record
    2. I enter the data in the Hostname (mail._domainkey.mydomain.com.) and Text fields

    I test with dig and the txt record does not show up. I played around and removed the mail._domainkey. from the Hostname part. Then I get a txt record with dig but it's incorrect.

    How do I enter into dns the record mail._domainkey.mydomain.com. so it works correctly?

    Thank you for helping.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    Please run:

    dig @localhost TXT mail2._domainkey.mydomain.com

    and post the output.
     
  3. spikes

    spikes New Member

    Here is the dig output below.

    server1:~# dig @localhost TXT mail2._domainkey.mydomain.com

    ; <<>> DiG 9.5.1-P3 <<>> @localhost TXT mail2._domainkey.mydomain.com
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 47106
    ;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
    ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;mail2._domainkey.mydomain.com. IN TXT

    ;; Query time: 0 msec
    ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Tue Nov 10 06:17:12 2009
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 47

    server1:~#


    and


    server1:~# dig @localhost xxxxxx.com TXT

    ; <<>> DiG 9.5.1-P3 <<>> @localhost xxxxxxx.com TXT
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 18320
    ;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
    ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;xxxxxxxxxx.com. IN TXT

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:xxxxxx a -all"

    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    xxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN NS ns1.xxxxxx.com.
    xxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN NS ns2.xxxxxx.com.

    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN A xxxxxxxx

    ;; Query time: 0 msec
    ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Tue Nov 10 06:27:24 2009
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 369

    server1:~#




    Then I remove the mail2._domainkey from the name in dns and dig output as follows: (this was just mucking around in my effort)

    server1:~# dig @localhost TXT xxxxxxxx.com
    ;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.

    ; <<>> DiG 9.5.1-P3 <<>> @localhost TXT xxxxxxxx.com
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 35966
    ;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
    ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;mydomain.com. IN TXT

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN TXT "k=rsa t=y p=MIGfqGbYAQAB"
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN TXT "v=DKIM1 p=MIGfMA0QIDAQAB"
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:xxxxxxxx a -all"

    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN NS ns1.xxxxxxxx.com.
    xxxxxxxx.com. 86400 IN NS ns2.xxxxxxxx.com.

    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.mydomain.com. 86400 IN A xxxxxxxx

    ;; Query time: 0 msec
    ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Tue Nov 10 06:36:11 2009
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 608

    server1:~#


    As soon as I make the name as it should be mail2._domainkey.xxxxxxxxxxx.com I cannot get a dig results for the txt record.


    and therefore:

    server1:~# amavisd-new testkeys
    TESTING: mail2._domainkey.xxxxxxxxxxx.com => invalid (public key: not available)
     
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  4. ciprianflorea

    ciprianflorea New Member

    I've tryied to get dkim working for almost a week, i've give up, there is a problem with mydns records and the fact that the key is stored in a mysql database...
     
  5. ciprianflorea

    ciprianflorea New Member

    I finally got this to work, here the result:

    www1:/etc/amavis/conf.d# amavisd-new testkeys
    TESTING: mail._domainkey.mail.xxx.ro => pass
    www1:/etc/amavis/conf.d#


    i had to edit the record in the database by hand, here is how the record looks:

    v=DKIM1;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC+j8TF4XX+23pdk228z1ie0dURzyFSV4/AggUXW2YgYoOk+invQnCRYv/DlLlidlpPQmgFyiUDJ20oyuOeG98zskpwAffl0yhATIC2vBLOK4X2nOrMbkzHEi52QBxgnJs6bKSftzN+zSTJ8OKkRMcSMUbj/TaPjVL8vycrVvmAowIDAQAB

    this is straight from the database, so i guess the goal is to delete and spaces or blackslashes from the record that is added by web interface.

    Good luck
     
  6. spikes

    spikes New Member

    Thanks I'm going to try it.
     

Share This Page