Host Based Intrusion Detection on ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sheshes, Apr 1, 2013.

1. sheshes

sheshes New Member

I am trying to follow the how-to guide Host Base Intrusion Detection to install samhain on already running ISPConfig 3.

There is a part we I need to edit the samhain.conf in /etc/apache2/conf.d

Usually this conf should have been created but I cannot see it. If I create a new conf and put only the lines suggested in the guide, I still can't view yule.html so i can continue further more.

What am I doing wrong?

2. zapyahoo

zapyahoo New Member

Take a look at the apache error log. Usually helps to troubleshoot.

3. sheshes

sheshes New Member

already checked nothing that actually is informative in there.

I think is better if I explained my setup better. I have an ISPConfig 3 server installation using multiple domains. The main FQDN domain that ISPconfig control panel is mydomain.com and I don't have any website setup on it.

With mydomain I can access the ISPConfig control panel and phpmyadmin.

I want to make the same as phpmyadmin uses i.e mydomain.com/phpmyadmin
    for mydomain.com/yule

I hope this info helps

4. zapyahoo

zapyahoo New Member

How different is your samhain.conf when compared to phpmyadmin.conf file?
    Maybe if you take a look at the phpmyadmin file you can create samhain.conf with the necessary alias and folder path corrections.

5. sheshes

sheshes New Member

Firstly, samhain.conf isn't created when installed the software. I have to recreate it.

I did copying phpmyadmin.conf to samhain.conf and fixed the alias and directory but still nothing!

Also I notice that yule cannot start without giving any error or write anything in the logs.

6. zapyahoo

zapyahoo New Member

I would try and fix the logging first... without that it's pretty hard to troubleshoot :(

7. sheshes

sheshes New Member

yeah I would do so myself as well, if only I knew how!

I think the only person who can answer this thread is falko who written the Host Based Intrusion Detection tutorial, if that applies on an ISPConfig 3 running server and if on Ubuntu 12.10 there some additional adjustments needed to be done.

Please falko....