Help: Mount, Quota, Settings.

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by erosbk, May 2, 2011.

1. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Hello all,

I will be using a RAID1 as Data File System EXT4 (to keep user data, mysql, www and others) separated of the operative system.

I am planning in a future, replace that RAID1 with a NAS, so, because I want to use the same path always, I am planning to do this:

---- /dev/md2 will be my RAID1 for user data

mount -t ext4 /dev/md2 /datos -o errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0

Will it work with quotas if I mount it like that? I am using a multiserver environment, Debian 6 with ISPConfig 3 (Perfect Server Setup).

Do I have to keep in mind something else? could you helpme pls? does ISPConfig 3 run always a quotacheck on all mounted drives? do I have to create the files for quota for every DEV I mount? is better to use /etc/fstab for this than mount this in a script at startup?

If it is possible in this way, I will be able to replace this "drives" every time I need, without changes on ISPConfig3, and just a few changes in a mounting scripts...

Thank you!

2. erosbk

erosbk New Member

I will use a slink to the folder. If the folder is in another device, does quota check for it if I have it mouted?

Thanks