Getmail not working properly

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by omega13a, Jan 1, 2015.

  1. omega13a

    omega13a New Member

    This a problem that I have been trying solve for the past few days with no luck and it is really, really start to get to me. A few days ago, I reset up ISPConfig on my computer after I upgraded to Fedora 20. Since then, getmail has behaved normally. It downloads the email from gmail account ok but when I go check those messages in the email account on my server, all their subjects are blank and they say they are from getmail@peeves.fedtrek.com instead of the actuall sender. On top of that, they are getting marked as junk.

    Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Have not seen that yet on a system. Do you get any errors in the maillog file from getmail?
     
  3. omega13a

    omega13a New Member

  4. omega13a

    omega13a New Member

    If it would help, here's my config files:

    for getmail:
    Code:
    [options]
    # message_log = /var/log/getmail.log
    message_log_syslog = true
    delete = false
    read_all = false
    
    [retriever]
    type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
    server = imap.googlemail.com
    username = omega13a
    password = ****************
    
    [destination]
    type = MDA_external
    path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
    arguments = ("-i", "-bm", "omega13a@fedtrek.com")
    unixfrom = true
    amavisd.conf: http://fedtrek.com/staff/omega13a/amavisd.txt
    Postfix's main.cf: http://fedtrek.com/staff/omega13a/postfix_main.txt
    Postfix's master.cf: http://fedtrek.com/staff/omega13a/postfix_master.txt

    Is their any other config files that would be helpful?
     
  5. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    The config files are ok so far. in master.cf you should consider to enable smtps and submission like this:

    Code:
    submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
      -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
      -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
      -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
      -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
    #  -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
    #  -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
    #  -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
    #  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
    smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
      -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps
      -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
      -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
      -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
    #  -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
    #  -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
    #  -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
     
  6. omega13a

    omega13a New Member

  7. omega13a

    omega13a New Member

    I think I fixed my problem in a crude manner that I doubt would work for other people. Before I upgraded to Fedora 20, I saved all the config files. In an act of desperation, I replaced the config files relating to email that were made after the upgrade with the old ones. Going through /var/log/maillog, I noticed that caused all the mail to be sent to omega13a@peeves.fedtrek.com instead of omega13a@fedtrek.com. So I set up an email fowarder that would sent mail sent to omega13a@peeves.fedtrek.com to omega13a@fedtrek.com.
     

Share This Page