FTP connexion problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lolo, Dec 28, 2020.

1. lolo

lolo Member

Hello,
    I created a new domain with ftp but it's impossible to connect at my server. I have other domain with the same configuration and it works
    I tried to change nano /etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf but the result is the same
    MYSQLCrypt crypt
    #MYSQLCrypt cleartext

I tried alos that
    tail -f syslog with a domain works and I have this message
    Dec 28 15:53:56 xxxxxxx pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from xxxxxxx
    Dec 28 15:53:56 xxxxxxx pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] SNI: [xxxxxxx.com]
    Dec 28 15:53:56 xxxxxxx pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] SNI: [xxxxxxx.com]
    Dec 28 15:53:57 xxxxxxx pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] TLS: Enabled TLSv1.3 with TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 256 secret bits cipher
    Dec 28 15:53:57 xxxxxxx pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] xxxxxxx is now logged in
    but If I do the same thing with my new domain : nothing appears in the console. It's like the domain do not exist. but via http I can access to the domain

I looked the db table pure-ftp (inside ispconfig db)and I saw inside all the informations
    I looked the dns and they are the same for all domain.
    I looked also filezilla setting and compare the domain; the settings are the same.

Just an idea : Maybe the pb can come from my computer and the tls file encrypt, but I do not know where I can remove this information.

I am lost, do you have any idea to resolve that. but it's weird a ftp domain name works and another not.
    Thank you

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If it doesn't connect, I'd guess a dns problem first. What do you use for your ftp server name? If you use the servername from your other/working domain with the new domain's user info, does it work?

3. lolo

lolo Member

Hello,

WIth my root ftp password I have this message :

Statut : Déconnecté du serveur
    Statut : Résolution de l'adresse de nsxxxxx.ip-xx-xx-7.eu
    Statut : Connexion à xxxxxxxxxxxx:21...
    Statut : Connexion établie, attente du message d'accueil...
    Statut : Initialisation de TLS...
    Statut : Vérification du certificat...
    Statut : Connexion TLS établie.
    Commande : USER root
    Réponse : 331 User root OK. Password required
    Commande : PASS ************
    Réponse : 530 Login authentication failed
    Erreur : Erreur critique : Impossible d'établir une connexion au serveur

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can't login as root, it is prohibited. Your connection succeeded fine, though.

5. lolo

lolo Member

I found something maybe the problem come here, but I check all the ip adress, dns and it's the same anywhere.

via ftp
    Statut : Résolution de l'adresse de xxxxxxx.com
    Statut : Connexion à 213.186.33.5:21... =====> just this ip do not work and do not allow me to have access to the ftp website.
    Statut : Résolution de l'adresse de yyyyyyyy.com
    Statut : Connexion à 94.23.7.166:21... =======> correct ip adress for all ftp work

6. lolo

lolo Member

Resolved, Ip problem.
    Tk